Soda Package question

Sorry if this has been brought up, but couldn't find in the search function...

I see that the Soda Package includes unlimited fountain drinks.  Do the kids get a cup to drink from, or do they just keep getting cups from the bar every time they want a drink?  Is there a soda machine that they can get drinks from?  Coming off RCCL last year, we got refillable cups and there were Coke Freestyle machines, so just wondering what that experience will be like.

BTW, sailing on Breakaway if that makes any difference.

TIA!

There are no freestyle machines, and it is Pepsi products from the siphon from a bar.   You can get a cup but I'm not sure they will refill into the "used" cup but rather pour into a clean glass which then can be dumped into the thermal mug.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

2 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Sorry if this has been brought up, but couldn't find in the search function...

I see that the Soda Package includes unlimited fountain drinks.  Do the kids get a cup to drink from, or do they just keep getting cups from the bar every time they want a drink?  Is there a soda machine that they can get drinks from?  Coming off RCCL last year, we got refillable cups and there were Coke Freestyle machines, so just wondering what that experience will be like.

BTW, sailing on Breakaway if that makes any difference.

TIA!

They do not get cups. You just go to the bar and order a drink. 

Only from the bars/restaurants, and a very limited selection compared to the Freestyle machines unfortunately. It's too bad. I only drink sugar free & caffeine free myself (I know, I know) but there is nothing available.

Will be on the Pride of America next month.  I only drink diet soda-- I bought the soda package-- Most of the time we will be having dinner at specialty restaurants.  Does the waiter bring cans to the table?  Is it difficult to get a refil?  We will be eating at the buffet a few times as well.  Will we need to stop at a bar first to bring over the soda?    Just wondering what to expect. Thanks, Anita

When I was on the  Breakaway I had the soda package the first day I was given a promo pepsi cup with a lid and used it all week the wait staff just filled it when I handed it to them at the bar and in the dinning room. I still have the cup.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

Will be on the Pride of America next month.  I only drink diet soda-- I bought the soda package-- Most of the time we will be having dinner at specialty restaurants.  Does the waiter bring cans to the table?  Is it difficult to get a refil?  We will be eating at the buffet a few times as well.  Will we need to stop at a bar first to bring over the soda?    Just wondering what to expect. Thanks, Anita

No, they will bring you a glass of your chosen beverage just like any land side restaurant. Not difficult to get a refill at all, just ask your server.

Not sure about *inside* the buffet. The Gold Rush Saloon is attached to one side of the buffet so you could stop  in there and get a soda if you wanted one with your lunch/dinner. Or grab your food and sit in the Gold Rush. 

Edited by FenixRising
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

Inside the buffet there normally is a small setup for soda and some beer.   You could get your sodas there. 

When we were on the Spirit in March we bought the package for our son ahead of time because the online description said it came with a refillable cup.  (And we had gotten this cup in the past)  Once onboard we were informed they got rid of the cups.  We ended up getting a refund of the package because none of us wanted to wait in bar lines to get a tiny plastic cup with maybe 6oz of soda in it.  I don't think they'll give you a can.

I wish they would move over to freestyle machines like Royal has.  I'm pretty sure Pepsi has a similar machine.

Seems kind of annoying on NCL regarding soft drinks ----   As long as the waiters in specialty restaurants will bring soda with meal and I can get it at Gold Rush by the buffet area- hopefully it will be ok.  I haven't been on NCL since the cruisel ine removed self service dryers years ago- I was on the Jewel -- and I remember no issues at all regarding soft drinks at the time--

Since then, I have just been on Princess, Celebrity, and Royal Caribbean.  R.C. was the easiest, due to the soda machine and having the  tumbler given out.  If NCL ends up being a pain in regards to a simple thing as enjoying a soda now and then, I'll have to think about it for future cruises.  Thanks for all the replies.  Anita