Mussels from PEI . tHE Best Anywhere

sail7seas

I  was thinking  back to the wonderful mussels I  ate on my recent Zaandam cruises.........  Sooo..  good

I  decided  a trip to  get some  muessls for    my  d  inner was in order.  Howe lucky was I to find a big beautiful  shipment of fresh PEI mussels just being put into the fish case for sale  as I entered  the  market !

I steamed t hem until t the   shells fully  opened and  they are delicious    However,      I think I may  have bought too many   Oh well,  I'll hae v to keep   eatng them,... LOw calories , high pro  tein,   goo d nutrition.   A dirty job   but    I'm happy to  eat them until  'gone  🙂

Anyone  on a ship that will port in Chartlotetown?   I f so, be sure to eat some mussels while t  here if you enjoy that   shell lfish. 

PEI really does have the best mussels. 

image.png.861efc88777376d795838884de670b78.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

I  was thinking  back to the wonderful mussels I  ate on my recent Zaandam cruises.........  Sooo..  good

I  decided  a trip to  get some  muessls for    my  d  inner was in order.  Howe lucky was I to find a big beautiful  shipment of fresh PEI mussels just being put into the fish case for sale  as I entered  the  market !

I steamed t hem until t the   shells fully  opened and  they are delicious    However,      I think I may  have bought too many   Oh well,  I'll hae v to keep   eatng them,... LOw calories , high pro  tein,   goo d nutrition.   A dirty job   but    I'm happy to  eat them until  'gone  🙂

Anyone  on a ship that will port in Chartlotetown?   I f so, be sure to eat some mussels while t  here if you enjoy that   shell lfish. 

PEI really does have the best mussels. 

image.png.861efc88777376d795838884de670b78.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Yes!  I so agree!

18 hours ago, dfish said:

We enjoyed the mussels in Charlottetown last summer.   Since we did a b2b, we got to have them twice!

I also was b-to-b     this year and all the years my late DH and I did that itienrary.  (many)

it is such a joy t o board in Botson sail  t  o Monreal, stay on board and  sail back  to Boston doing the itineerrt in reverse.    I live a little north of Boston

image.png.f29a02a8f4b957742522fc15dff69733.png

Edited by sail7seas

33 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

I also was b-to-b     this year and all the years my late DH and I did that itienrary.  (many)

it is such a joy t o board in Botson sail  t  o Monreal, stay on board and  sail back  to Boston doing the itineerrt in reverse.    I live a little north of Boston

image.png.f29a02a8f4b957742522fc15dff69733.png

We enjoy Boston for embarkation and disembarkation.   We've done the Historic Coast itinerary, 7 days round trip out of Boston, a couple of times and really enjoyed it.  Boston is a lot easier to get to than some places and we love the city.

It sounds like you enjoyed your cruise and I'm glad to hear that.   We had a blast last year and had several new ports since we went all the way to Montreal.  

We have always gone to Montreal on  that itinerary.  that is always our    turn around day

.image.png.74029c8d59e1a5d711ecb0960c64d5c6.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

We have always gone to Montreal on  that itinerary.  that is always our    turn around day

.image.png.74029c8d59e1a5d711ecb0960c64d5c6.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

I'm sure we'll do it again sometime as that is one of our favorite itineraries.  Next summer is Norway, though.

23 hours ago, dfish said:

I'm sure we'll do it again sometime as that is one of our favorite itineraries.  Next summer is Norway, though.

So many fabulous places o visi and so many wondeful ships   to sail

Norway should be great

We loved a number of visits to Denmark. 

timage.png.8bd019d5d5c0d1bc2e10d23d0160045c.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

• Like 1