South Beach now closed on CocoCay

Coco Beach Club... isn't this going to be a 'for a charge' area with exclusive beach, club house, infinity pool and complimentary dinning area access?

Apparently it opens December 2019

Edited by icsys
Correction

13 minutes ago, icsys said:

Coco Beach Club... isn't this going to be a 'for a charge' area with exclusive beach, club house, infinity pool and complimentary dinning area access?

I wonder? And I wonder what the access fee will be?

• Like 1

I have been keeping all my fingers crossed in hopes that they did not get rid of the Bungalows. That area was quiet, shady, and private - perfect.  I hope they will remain no matter where they put them!

• Like 1

Apparently we'll be there Sunday. My first visit, so i'll probably stroll over or take the tram as far as I can.

Laura is actually going there Thursday on Mariner

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, icsys said:

I'm not counting on December 2019. I received the same email for our December sailing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I'm not counting on December 2019. I received the same email for our December sailing.

Oh dear, if you got the same email, it does sound like there may be a delay and the Coco Cay Club may not be ready in December 2019.  

36 minutes ago, gnargnarz said:

We will be there December 14th and received the same email.  We have a South Beach Cabana booked.  I am waiting to hear back from RCI if the cabanas will be located elsewhere. 

My cruise planner shows South Beach Cabanas are sold out for December 14. I assume you are also on Allure.

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

"Reimagined" South Beach?  Why didn't they "imagine" it correctly in the first place?  Didn't it open relatively recently?

Maybe they did not imagine that people would pay $1300 for a cabana, so now they have to make more of those?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

"Reimagined" South Beach?  Why didn't they "imagine" it correctly in the first place?  Didn't it open relatively recently?

No, I think they have been saying for a while that the Beach Club/South Beach would be focused on after Thrill/Chill were done, and would open in December 2019. (Which likely means March 2020, then May 2020, then finally Sept 2020)

I could be wrong, but I had it in my head this was planned to be done separately. So much RCI information, I could be mixing things around.

An RCI rep told me that if our South Beach cabana was not cancelled, it is likely South Beach will be complete by our sailing (12/8 on Allure) and the email was to inform us changes are being made to that area.  That could be total bogus but I'm hopeful.