Have anyone taken any of these Celebrity excursion for dog sled\musher camp?

leekh

In August we are going on the Celebrity Solistice and one of our port is Skagway.  Does anyone know what the difference is between the below 4 Celebrity excursions for dog sledding & mushing camp?  The description is very general.  Have anyone taken any of these excursion and tell me how it is? Does it include dog sled ride or just playing with the dogs?  Do you know which company is used for each of these?  Thanks in advance.

1. Dog Sled & Musher's Camp Experience
2. Gold Panning, Sled Dogs And 40 Below
3. Musher's Camp And Gem Mining
4. Klondike Summit And Gold Rush Sled Dogs

Can’t answer to those particular ones, but we have done the the excursion where you actually drive/ride on the sled in snow. It was in Skagway and involved a helicopter ride up to the glacier where there was still 15 feet of snow.

Look for helicopter in the description and it should be fairly pricy because of the flight.

They might not be running the camp as late as August?

Just be aware that this is one of the most cancelled excursions.  We booked this privately when we went to Alaska and since the dog sled camp is in one fixed location and there was fog at that location, they were unable to land the helicopter there.  They gave us the option of a full refund or a price decrease and a helicopter ride to a glacier (plenty to choose from).  We took the ride to the glacier.  While we were disappointed not to be able to do the dog sleds, it was still lots of fun.  

We took one that was in the dirt through the woods, not near any snow.  It was cute and we're glad we went, the dogs were so excited and enthusiastic it was very fun, however, I was expecting big Husky-type dogs (as in the picture above) but these were littler guys.  We also got to go by enclosures where puppies were born and hold and pet them, and also sat and heard a lot of info about the Iditarod.

It's not the Arctic experience you might be expecting but I'm still glad we did it.  

You have to be careful..... make sure you are going to the dog sledding in the snow not just a generic dog sled which turns out to be on dry land.  If it’s a clear day, the helicopter ride alone is worth the cost.  One of my most memorable excursions (and we travel a lot).  We did that cruise with princess, but I’m sure celebrity’s dog sledding camp on the glacier is essentially the same.

There are only so many providers at these ports, so you can generally figure out where you're going and find their website for more info.  I'd look on the Alaska ports of call board on Cruise Critic, too.  Several locals who post there may have more info if it's not already covered on other threads.

Did you look at the descriptions at the site below?  They seem to note what you'll be doing. 

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/