Millenium 'Round The Horn

mdsbarry

We're going on Regal Princess 'round the Horn, 3-9-06, and plan on layering.

It is often cold and windy in the Falklands, and Tierra del Fuego/Patagonia has the same reputation.

Both Millenium and Regal Princess hit some pretty heavy water down there last week or the week before, and when the water is like that, it is usually very cold and windy.

Their bridge cams show that it has been somewhat smoother this week.

It should be warm in both Buenos Aires and Valparaiso. As you work your way south and around the horn it will be significantly cooler. The best bet is to layer your clothes. I recommend taking a winter coat, hat, gloves, and sweater for the cooler areas. For the warmer areas take some lightweight clothing.

Keith

It was definitely warm in Santiago and Buenos Aires and did get cooler as we headed south- but by no means was it as cold as I had expected. I brought more winter gear than I needed and less warm weather wear than I would have liked.

I think it was about 35F when we were in Punta Arenas, but it was also pretty windy so it made it feel a little colder. I don't have much tolerance for cold, so I was happy to be layered and wearing a jacket there. I think the only other time I wore my jacket was while out on deck on the morning when we stopped to look at a glacier- it was pretty cold and windy that day.

Archived