New to MSC...Question...

tcmagnum

New to MSC and looking at booking a cruise in January to escape the cold/crappy weather (hopefully).  My husband had tentatively agreed to this cruise even though he had a bad experience his only time on a ship.  I think it was just a bad cruise to try him on and he's agreed to give it another shot.  I am 50 and DH is 51.  I've cruised many times - usually Celebrity and RC & usually in the Med/Europe.  DH doesn't do good in huge crowds.  

I'm looking at booking a Suite to give DH a place to escape if the crowds get to him too much.  Also looking at doing the Aurea experience - private sun deck and spa package and priority boarding should all help.  The Easy Drink Package is also a huge plus for us - we aren't huge drinkers, but like to have a few by the pool and at dinner. 

Questions...

1- Easy Drink Package says 'select drinks up to $6'....'house wine by the glass (I'm not a picky wine drinker)'...'select spirits and cocktails'...Will DH be able to get a bourbon on this drink package without an extra charge?  Mixed drink?

2- If you've been on this ship before - Did it seem crowded to you?  At buffet?  Dinner?

3- I can get a 8 day (7 night) cruise in a suite for both of us with Aurea package for just under $2500 (with tax).  Does this sound like a good price or am I missing something?  I realize tips/service charge is added while on board.

27 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

.....If you've been on this ship before - Did it seem crowded to you?  At buffet?  Dinner?

I can get a 8 day (7 night) cruise in a suite for both of us with Aurea package for just under $2500 (with tax).  Does this sound like a good price or am I missing something?  I realize tips/service charge is added while on board.

Which ship??

19 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

New to MSC and looking at booking a cruise in January to escape the cold/crappy weather (hopefully).  My husband had tentatively agreed to this cruise even though he had a bad experience his only time on a ship.  I think it was just a bad cruise to try him on and he's agreed to give it another shot.  I am 50 and DH is 51.  I've cruised many times - usually Celebrity and RC & usually in the Med/Europe.  DH doesn't do good in huge crowds.  

I'm looking at booking a Suite to give DH a place to escape if the crowds get to him too much.  Also looking at doing the Aurea experience - private sun deck and spa package and priority boarding should all help.  The Easy Drink Package is also a huge plus for us - we aren't huge drinkers, but like to have a few by the pool and at dinner. 

Questions...

1- Easy Drink Package says 'select drinks up to $6'....'house wine by the glass (I'm not a picky wine drinker)'...'select spirits and cocktails'...Will DH be able to get a bourbon on this drink package without an extra charge?  Mixed drink?

2- If you've been on this ship before - Did it seem crowded to you?  At buffet?  Dinner?

3- I can get a 8 day (7 night) cruise in a suite for both of us with Aurea package for just under $2500 (with tax).  Does this sound like a good price or am I missing something?  I realize tips/service charge is added while on board.

Easy package includes some well mixed drinks.  Seagrams is the only whiskey.  No bourbon.    I am upgrading from the easy package because of the choices.  Also, no frozen drinks unless you order them virgin with a shot on the side.  

It's always crowded on a cruise, but I think MSC is better than most.  2500 is a good deal.  I guess for a suite.  I am booked on a 12 night cruise in January in a Fantastica room with Easy package and internet for $2900.   We are Aft facing on Deck 10

• Like 1

Use a good Travel Agent.  Not all agencies handle MSC cruises as a preferred provider.  Interview your agent as you would any contractor.  Make sure they can book direct with MSC through MSC's online booking portal.  It will make things alot easier if you need to change, upgrade or cancel.

• Like 2