Balcony access on regal

evelynw2

Is there any restriction on opening balcony doors on forward premium suits (baja or aloha 101,102) while the ship is at sea? We read an old post on another princess ship  that had a warning that you can only use your Balcony  while the ship is in port. Thanks 

We have cruised in those cabins and there is a warning that windy conditions may exist while underway, but your doors remain unlocked.  It does get very windy out there, but the solid front of the ship diverts the wind upwards, so you can actually have a nice nap on the lounger.  You may also have to keep your curtain closed at night and no lights on the balcony.   These are my second favorite cabins, after the aft cabins.

If you look at the Regal deck plans by clicking on the forward facing cabins only those on decks above the bridge (Marina and Lido) have the warnings about limited balcony access and obstructed views. The similar cabins on decks below the bridge (Aloha and Baja) do not. I know the higher ones will also come with the requirement to keep your curtains drawn after dark so light does not shine down into the bridge; I don't believe the Aloha and Baja cabins will.

7 hours ago, Robinsoncruiseso said:

We have cruised in those cabins and there is a warning that windy conditions may exist while underway, but your doors remain unlocked.  It does get very windy out there, but the solid front of the ship diverts the wind upwards, so you can actually have a nice nap on the lounger.  You may also have to keep your curtain closed at night and no lights on the balcony.   These are my second favorite cabins, after the aft cabins.

About the aft cabins...r they covered at all ? Soot?

8 hours ago, evelynw2 said:

Is there any restriction on opening balcony doors on forward premium suits (baja or aloha 101,102) while the ship is at sea? We read an old post on another princess ship  that had a warning that you can only use your Balcony  while the ship is in port. Thanks 

You can use it anytime. Barring weather/wind issues.

• 2 weeks later...