CRUISE NEXT CERTS

Blondie008

I have two cruise next certificates which have an end date of October 2020

Is this the date I must book or sail by?

If its sail by - we are loused and cannot use them

Any advice on selling them welcomed - dont really want much for them if I do have to sell them

We are in the UK - does that make a difference when it comes to selling them?

I am thinking of booking Alaska for May 21 - and remembered about the cruise certs..

Just not sure I can use them that far ahead now?

Many thanks

B

Thank you both so much!

I have emailed the Lattitudes Dept as NCL UK is so hard to contact - there are very few email addresses

If they extend it then we will use it

If not - I would hate to see $500 be wasted and would sell them very cheaply rather than "garbage" them..

Will wait to hear from Lattitudes who may well tell me to contact "XYZ".. 

The UK site is awful - every time I try to even search for a cruise it reads "error we need a vacation blah blah"

Many thanks and will let you know 🙂 

2 hours ago, bones774 said:

They are easily sold/transferred. Payment would be whatever buyer/seller agree to e.g. Paypal. If you are gonna sell them at a good discount i'll take them. thanks

For sure if I can sell them and you direct me to the "how to" - then yes, I absolutely will sell them at a low price - I categorically loathe waste - and would rather "pay karma forward" 🙂

I might be able to save you a lengthy hold time. 

I too have several certs, 7 in total that expire 12/17/2020.  

My mother hasn't been well and I've had to cancel every trip I've booked the past two years. 

I just called them and they will extend when you're within a year of expiration and have a reservation number. 

So book something beyond the expiration date, do the 24 hour hold, then call reservations to have them extend and apply. 

4 hours ago, Blondie008 said:

I have two cruise next certificates which have an end date of October 2020

Is this the date I must book or sail by?

You must be on board a cruise before expiration - you can cruise into the expired period.

If its sail by - we are loused and cannot use them

Any advice on selling them welcomed - dont really want much for them if I do have to sell them

We are in the UK - does that make a difference when it comes to selling them?

Posts previous to this one are offering options.

Option often overlooked EXCHANGING Certificates with another Latitudes member to extend the period.

I am thinking of booking Alaska for May 21 - and remembered about the cruise certs..

Just not sure I can use them that far ahead now?

The certificates are good for 4 years from date of purchase.

Booking a cruise is limited to about 2 years away - routes - ships - port stops subject to change.

Many thanks

B

There are no taxes fees or otherwise with a transfer between Latitude members merely a phone

call and it is done - payment methods agreed between members not an NCL concern.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

You must be on board a cruise before expiration - you can cruise into the expired period.

Posts previous to this one are offering options.

Option often overlooked EXCHANGING Certificates with another Latitudes member to extend the period.

The certificates are good for 4 years from date of purchase.

Booking a cruise is limited to about 2 years away - routes - ships - port stops subject to change.

There are no taxes fees or otherwise with a transfer between Latitude members merely a phone

call and it is done - payment methods agreed between members not an NCL concern.

I have emailed them and tried all day to call them but no answer in the UK although the lines are open..

I gave up and will try again Monday

There is a cruise I want to book for May 21 - just hoping they will accept at least one of the two certificates - each worth £206 or $250 deposit...

Thanks for your help 🙂 x