Disney 7 Day Eastern or Western July 202

NoMercy0070

Looking for recommendations. Not sure which one to choose. They leave a week apart from each other. Eastern is July 11th 202 and the Western is July 18th 2020. I have two daughter that’s will be 8 and 4 at that time. I see the Easter has two consecutive sea days. Not sure how much excursions we would do at the Islands. Any recommendations on which to choose would be greatly appreciated 

15 hours ago, NoMercy0070 said:

Looking for recommendations. Not sure which one to choose. They leave a week apart from each other. Eastern is July 11th 202 and the Western is July 18th 2020. I have two daughter that’s will be 8 and 4 at that time. I see the Easter has two consecutive sea days. Not sure how much excursions we would do at the Islands. Any recommendations on which to choose would be greatly appreciated 

I'd go with whichever has the best price(not sure where you're located, but be sure to check airfares, also). 

I solved the question by doing a B2B Eastern/Western.  Both worth doing.  Maybe one this year, the other next?

Edited by Shmoo here

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 9:12 PM, NoMercy0070 said:

Ive found that with the Eastern Caribbean islands, there is more to do without having an excursion planned. There are more beach break type excursions, for instance. For this reason, and because the islands are (in our opinion) prettier, we prefer the eastern itinerary. 

St Maarten was our favorite port before Disney removed it from their regular eastern schedule, but we have always wanted to visit Tortola as it looks stunning. St Thomas is breathtaking and San Juan is very historic and has much to do (and is walkable). 

The ports on the western itinerary are more adventure driven if that makes sense, excursions will include things like climbing waterfalls in Jamaica, Turtle encounters in grand cayman, and ruins in Mexico. The islands do not have that mountainous terrain (minus maybe Jamaica) and stereotypical Caribbean colonial feel that the eastern islands have. Both itineraries are beautiful and visit amazing places, but we far prefer eastern also because we feel safer at those ports. 

• 1 month later...

Check the port excursions on the DCL website to see the prices and types of excursions offered by each sailing. See which you find more interesting to you and your family to help you determine which cruise to pick. I prefer more port days. It really depends on what your heart desires. Either way, you will have a magical time!