Taking Wine to MDR

CanEcosse

If I choose to carry on wine and pay the corkage, will it be taken to storage and be available for me in the MDR or must I take it to the cabin and carry a bottle each night to the MDR. Your experience please?

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

From there to your cabin, to the Dining Room.  Easy!

Is there a 15% service charge when it is opened at your table or is that included in the corkage fee?

I took three cases onto Amsterdam on the Grand Asia last fall. I had alerted Ship Services ahead of time that I would be doing that, but I'm not sure that made any difference when I arrived. I only had to get the wine to the outside of the Seattle terminal, and the porters took it from there straight to the MDR, not to my cabin.

I had made a contents list for each case and taped it to the box, thinking that would make the wines easier to find. But in fact they emptied the cases into a bin in the MDR storage and only separated them by white and red.

Because I had made duplicates of the contents lists I was able to just cut them up into each individual bottle and take my choice for the evening to the MDR. This turned out to be very helpful as my wines were all European, mostly French, and the wine stewards had trouble with the pronunciation. That way I could just hand them a slip of paper with the name of the bottle on it and they found them easily.

• Like 1

Actually, it was just me. But I was on board for 89 days, and did share a few bottles with folks on board, so it worked out to be just the right amount. I didn't have to fly to the terminal, and I already had the wine in my cellar so the corkage didn't bother me, or else I wouldn't have done it that way.

That’s our preference, too—bring our own wine and pay corkage. We’re too cheap to pay for the packages since we don’t have a Mariner discount and too picky about what we drink. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, KenNBarbie said:

Can we carry our "carry on bottle", opened (in cabin), out and about to enjoy during the evening? Are these bottles labeled somehow?

Only if you have paid the corkage fee on it, in which case a special sticker will have been applied to the bottle at boarding time.  Otherwise, the "free" bottle is for in-room consumption only.