AARP gift cards question

marmac761

I have gotten $100 gift cards from AARP and received them within a week.  I know by these boards we have to sign for the $500 ones.  Just wondering how long do they take and do they come by ups or fedex ? Is there a way to track them?

The couple of $500 cards I've ordered came via UPS within 7-8 days and they did require a signature. I don't recall a UPS tracking number being made available.  I think I've read on the board however, that some folks have reported the larger denomination cards just came regular USPS but I could be "disremembering." :classic_smile:

$100 cards come via USPS. Anything $500 and above come via UPS. If they're coming UPS they require a signature. You can simply create a UPS account online for free and digitally sign for them. No need to divert them to other locations. 

38 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

$100 cards come via USPS. Anything $500 and above come via UPS. If they're coming UPS they require a signature. You can simply create a UPS account online for free and digitally sign for them. No need to divert them to other locations. 

I need to divert mine because I don't trust them not to walk from my front door.   Usually no one is home,  so I have them sent to a local UPS Store where I pick them up on my way home from work. 

I just got a bunch of the $500 ones a few weeks ago.  I ordered them on a Thursday night.  No tracking number was given.  The first UPS delivery attempt was the following Wednesday.  I went to the UPS place to get them and sign for them the next day.  

Edited by naxer
clarity

Ordered several a couple of weeks ago.   Can only order $1000 per transaction (meaning I wanted to buy $3000 worth of cards, but had to do it in 3 separate transactions).

I have a UPS account, so I was notified by them when the cards shipped as well as when they would be delivered (down to a 4 hour window).   My suggestion would be to sign up for a UPS account and you'll be in the know, its free.  My cards were delivered within a week, all arrived at the same time

3 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Ordered several a couple of weeks ago.   Can only order $1000 per transaction (meaning I wanted to buy $3000 worth of cards, but had to do it in 3 separate transactions).

I have a UPS account, so I was notified by them when the cards shipped as well as when they would be delivered (down to a 4 hour window).   My suggestion would be to sign up for a UPS account and you'll be in the know, its free.  My cards were delivered within a week, all arrived at the same time

We live in southern Cali and it’s over 100 degrees, door closed, air on and might not hear him.  We have dogs and fenced yard.  I will definitely ask my son in law( ups driver) to help me set up an account. 

Thanks so much for all info.