Still debating Cheers for first time cruiser

Sersee

9 hours ago, Diggerof4 said:

With our first cruise, I wish we had it.  We hardly obtain drinks and still spent $300, then again it was for 4 people.  We did get some drinks that took all 4 of us to get it down. If we had the drink package we could of just left it and got another one. Make sure you get the Miami Vice. AWESOME! That was always our" go to drink. " You can also get coffee too, I am sure you have read what you can get. Enjoy! 

$300 for four people is $75 each.  Cheers is over $50 per person per day.

5 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

$300 for four people is $75 each.  Cheers is over $50 per person per day.

LOL, You are so correct.  A writer, I am not.  What I meant, was, there were 4 of us, we didn't drink everyday because of the cost. IF we had the package and we received a drink we didn't like and got another one, the guilt of the cost of a drink would not play a factor on something we wanted.  Also, you can ask for top shelf for no additional charge vs pay drink by drink. We bought water and soda, but if we had the package, we would have not had to worry about it.  If you can do it, GO FOR IT!  It is a personal preference. We are getting it on our next cruise, even if it is port heavy. I could easily drink 60.00 per day in drinks, Water, soda, wine, drinks, coffee. 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:12 AM, ed01106 said:

You are going to want to be right with your decision. If you are unsure you are better off not getting it.  As getting it will encourage you to overindulge and not getting it will encourage you to drink less.  

Signed, 

Your liver.

Not sure having cheers encourages one to overindulge. It does

1) Encourage you to try different drinks

2) Not worry about having to finish something new

3) Not having to worry/think about what one has spent each day

4) By the pool and it get warm, order another.

5) You're on vacation enjoy.

6) Mixed drinks only takes about 6 drinks over 14-15 hours sea days and 8-9 hours port days on ship isn't excessive.

7) Start your day with a Bailey's and Coffee or Bloody Mary Or Screwdriver. Again you're on vacation live a little.