Renting a van

Queenk2

We are a group of six people schedualed to sail on the Caribbean Princess Dec 24,2006. We are flying into West Palm Beach in order to stay for a few days before we sail. We wanted to rent a van at the airport ...to use for the two days,and return it to Pt Everglades when we go on the ship. Does anyone know if any companies have a site near the port? Do you have any suggestions? We need the car for our stay and will return it the day of sailing. We also are staying an extra day at the end of or trip and so need to pick up a van at Pt Evergaldes and return that one at the airport. Any and all advice will be appreciated!

Karen

You'd need to call a car rental agency at the airport to order a van, as they're not highly stocked on site. Meaning, if you get off the plane and go to a rental counter, you might not be able to get a van unless you've reserved one. Just start calling the 800 numbers for the major car rental companies, compare prices, and then reserve one at the WPB airport. PS - Port Everglades is the port...you'd have to return the car to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale (3 miles from Port Everglades) , but might have to pay an extra drop-off fee, since you rented the van in WPB.

Thank you for the info... I knew all that I just wanted to know if there is an agency that will let us drop it off at the port. I have been to Pt Evergalses MANY times and know that it is approximately a 15 dollar cab ride from the sirport.

Karen

We have rented vans and other vehicles from both Miami and FLL. No problem with no drop-off charge. We have one reserved now for our cruise in March (Apprx. $67 per day). My husband drops up at the port, returns the car to the airport and the rental car courtesy shuttle takes him to the port. Complimentary, but we also give a nice tip. You can do the same think when you come back in after the cruise. We usually book on travelocity, because they don't typically charge your account until you pick up the car. Anymore questions, let me know.

Thank you for the info... I knew all that I just wanted to know if there is an agency that will let us drop it off at the port. I have been to Pt Evergalses MANY times and know that it is approximately a 15 dollar cab ride from the sirport.

Karen

FLL airport IS "at the port"... That's as close as it gets. If you mean can you leave the van at the cruise terminal, then NO.

We have rented vans and other vehicles from both Miami and FLL. No problem with no drop-off charge..

We rented a 16 passenger van from Hertz and for insurance reasons, they would not let us drive the van into the Miami city limits. I had to call six insurance companies to write a policy on the van for Miami.

The rental company would have known we drive the van into Miami with the GPS.

Archived