Can I book a last minute Costa cruise without flights?

Velvetwater

Hi

Just checked a last minute Costa cruise (less than 2 weeks away) that has flights included. Its not too bad a deal overall (10 day cruise and flights for £1115). We didn't book this cruise originally as it sold out before we could make it.

Thing is we hate to fly and when we originally looked at this cruise a month ago we planned to train in from the UK as a) we have friends we can visit in Hamburg b) we planned to do a bit of Brussels beer touring post cruise on the way back. We have this route costed and sorted so no worries there.

Any Costa experts know how to book this minus the flights?

Thanks

Edited by Velvetwater

It seems to me that it is really hard to book cruises in the UK which are not bundled with flights.  I always have to book my own flights.  In Australia we use Costa Asia site which never includes flights. So if I were you I would phone them and see if there is a vacancy and just book the cruise.

Phone Costa on 0800-3890622 ask for Silvia or Simona or ask for a call back.

This takes you to an English speaking contact.

All our 32 Costa cruise have been cruise only as we like to go early and stay a few days before cruise

Either that email at info@costa.it if you have time.

My answer was for the UK poster, not sure about Australia but we never haver any trouble booking our own flights just ask for cruise only. You can also ask for a Costa transfer from the airport if they are going there for others or Costa has booked a hotel for you as part of the package.

Simple really if you don't ask how can they try to help you. Maybe different here than overseas & the fact that we have cruised with them for 21 years & are classed as V.I.P. s. But always found them very helpful in all aspects in booking any part of the holiday.

We always go to Costa direct never through a TA.

Edited by tenpin

Thank you for the useful advice!

In the end I went to book this cruise and saw the same voyage next month dropped to a very low rock bottom price with no flights so I have reserved it to book with an agent.

Looks like I'm sailing Costa for the first time soon!

• Like 1