Does anyone else have a pet that pouts?

cruzdirector

I usually get the suitcases out and start trying on clothes, pressing and packing about 1 week prior to cruise. As soon as the suitcases come out my dog starts to act funny and pouts. How many of you out there have that same thing in your house?:o

no pets but have some relatives that do ;)

no pets but have some relatives that do ;)

Hahahhahaa..that's funny, my BF's stepmother told us that we had been on 3 cruises and that was ENOUGH, most people don't even get to go on one. Welll WAAAAHHHHH...that's not MY fault. Then again she tends to be a petty whining little person anyway. She complained when my BF bought a new car that SHE had never owned a new car. :rolleyes:

Hahahhahaa..that's funny, my BF's stepmother told us that we had been on 3 cruises and that was ENOUGH, most people don't even get to go on one. Welll WAAAAHHHHH...that's not MY fault. Then again she tends to be a petty whining little person anyway. She complained when my BF bought a new car that SHE had never owned a new car. :rolleyes:

As my brother would say, "Waaaaaaaaaah... f*^#'n waaaaaaaaaah..."

And maybe a cruise would fix BF's stepmother's crankiness!

I have two small dogs, a Chihuahua and a Toy Pomeranian. When they see their dog sitter pull in with her duffel bag, they goes nuts! They get to spend a week with Nikki! I was actually offended the first time she sat. Not only did they not care when I left, but when I got home, all I got was a "Hey Mom" and off they went. But that does make me feel better when I go somewhere that they are so well cared for while I'm gone.

LOL...just before we leave...we go in our bird room and tell our parrots, especially the two greys that we are going on vacation.. and we count off on our fingers how many days... adding one or two...and that their sitter, Tracey, willtake care of them. A few times when we have come back one of my greys has showed she was not happy and bit me......Our dog is taken to a friends home who spoils her rotten and we pack up a bag for h er with her toys and bed.

Consider taking your pet with you. Cunard has kennels, at least on the trans-Atlantics. Maybe other lines do too. Ask your favorite line, better yet, insist. If enough customers do, the line may realize that kennels are a money maker, as well as a crowd pleaser. Cunard charges $50./day for a small kennel (30"x36"x30"), and considering how little a pet eats per day (compared to its owner), they have to be making money on it. We enjoyed travelling with our cat during our May-June crossings. I bet you would too.

My Thoroughbred pouts when I travel. He does not get suitcase access but he gets stressed before I head out, goes off his feed and gets depressed if I am gone long. Then he is SO happy to have me home!!! My homebody kitties decide those suitcases were brought up for their napping pleasure, I have to lock them in another room to get my packing done!

I started this thread in January while getting ready for a 7 night Caribbean cruise. Now there is a going to be a new puppy in the house in a couple weeks and we are planning a Hawaii cruise in Sept. That should be fun.

As soon as she gets to be at home here (and spoiled like the older dog) she will become a pouter too.

Oh well, gotta love em.

• 2 weeks later...

Ours don't really catch on to the fact that we're leaving, but when we return - oh boy! Pout city! My cat turns his back on us literally and will not even look at us. Our smaller older dog pouts, too. Our big Lab doesn't care - just as long as someone feeds her and visits her while we are gone.

My husband and I have an 11 year old Shepard cross that starts pouting the moment the suitcases come out. I have to sneak the luggage into the spare room when it comes time to start packing...

We tried boarding her for a week at a Dog Spa once, but the staff told us when we came to pick her up that she was incredibly stressed in the kennel and they had to upgrade her to a private suite for the week. Since then we always have a family member house sit with her in our own home.

Once we come home, we get the silent treatment for a few days..... :(

Am I the only one that has "Picture of the dog" on my packing list? One of the first things that I unpack once we get on board is my favorite photo of her, and it goes up on the vanity mirror for the week. :D

-Katie

I would like to know why no one has figured a way for us to bring our loved ones with us? I mean, they will let seeing eye dogs on the ship and they have to poop somewhere...why can't they just take over a bar room, or somewhere without carpet, and let that be the potty? We can all pick up after oursleves, or we wouldnt' bring our loveys. They do it in fancy hotels when there is a dog show, why not a cruise? I am sure there would be less pee in the pool than when a bunch of 2/3 year olds are in the pool.

I am not thinking of leaving my Shih Tzu for a week. She will be just fine playing with my sons dog and having our daughter stay here at the house with her, but "Mommy" won't be here...

Maybe someone should contact Purina or Iams.

My neurotic tomcat Mikey has this thing about nylon straps, so he's in 7th heaven when I start packing until I leave, because he can sit by the suitcase and lick the straps endlessly. The two girls try to hide in the suitcase and, once the suitcase is closed, they are going around my legs, as if they're trying to make me fall.

When I get back, they all ignore me. Mikey is busy with the suitcase again (see above!), and the other 2 very pointedly turn their backs as soon as they realize that it's me and not the cat sitter that has come in. Luckily for me, that only lasts until the next meal time, when they realize that I'm back in control of the food!

I like the idea of petitioning the cruise lines to let us bring our pets on board. Wouldn't that be hilarious? I can just see my cats balancing on the balcony rails to visit the neighbors! The only problem would be that they're used to having their litter boxes in the bathrooms, and given the size of most cruise ship bathrooms, that wouldn't leave any room for me to get in!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We got so lucky that our housecleaner lady wants to stay in our house

and watch the dogs Lucy(pug) and Ruby(yorkie) they love her and

it will be the best for all of us.... Hope everyone will find a nice way

to leave your loved ones with

Good luck....rada

My DH and I have a little shih tzu names Zilla (short for Godzilla) so you can imagine what a little beast she can be. She can tell when were leaving if we are getting ready in the bathroom, so when she sees the suitcases she panics. So we make sure we drop her off early over my parents house that way she can play with their big dog and forget all about us for a week....the only problem is I don't forget about her!:D She doesn't take it out on us when we get back though cause she gets spoiled the whole week by her "grandparents"

Me and my bf got a mini schnauzer (Pepper), he will be 14 months old when we'll be leaving for our 7 night cruise next month. He'll be staying in my house, with my parents to take care of him. I'm sure he'll misses us like crazy. I still haven't pack yet, so I don't know what his reaction will be. We've never went on a over night trip without him, this will be the first time and hopefully everything will go well. I'll be bringing a picture of Pepper to the cruise. :p

My Angel Is A 10 Year Older Cocker. She Will Get In The Suitcase After Dragging Her Blankie And Sock In In .then She Refuses To Eat For About 3 To 4 Days While We Are Gone. When We Return She Will Not Let Me Out Of Her Site At All . If I Go Outside To Take The Trash She Has To Go , She Will Also Pull Out Her Hair On Her Back Leggs When We Are Gone. And The Bad Thing Is We Or Gone About 8 Weeks Out Of The Year. My Son And Daughter Are With Her Every Minute While We Are Gone.they Never Leave Her Alone.we Also Never Leave Her Alone .she Is Sooooooooo Spoiled,

My yellow lab pouts when the suitcases come out ! He just lays there and mopes around until I go.

My cat bites hair out of his fur when I am out of town, not alot, but small clumps.

We are lucky to have great neighbors that watch them while we are gone. We were gone a week in June , and I think the dog was mad we came back..he had so much fun playing with their kids ! Only thing, lol...is the kids and the dog used the pool ALOT...and now Roscoe (the dog), thinks that pool is for his private use now ! hahah :D

We are going again in October, so should be interesting :)

I haven't read all the posts, but had to add my story! We have a cockapoo, Max, who pouts like many of the other pets. When the suitcase comes out he knows whats going on. A couple of weeks ago we went to Punta Cana for a few days and when we started getting the suitcases ready you could see that he knew what was going on. He was going to stay home and my son was going to watch him, so we got ready to leave as usual. Just before leaving I got his leash to take him out and he got sooooo excited!! I know he thought he was getting to go with us. He ran outside and sat by the car waiting to get in and wouldn't come in the house when I called him. It just broke my heart and made it so hard to leave!!

It's amazing how our pets tug our heartstrings!!

47b6d923b3127cce8abc1dc3cc5100000016100EZtmjVsyZMQ

I'm so glad to hear someone else brings pictures of their pets on cruises--I thought we were the only ones crazy enough to do that! We pack a framed 5x7 of our Russian Blue cats that we put on the nightstand by the bed. Often wonder just how weird the cabin stewards think we are.

On another subject, we've gotten towel animals made up to look like elephants, rabbits, pigs, monkeys, dogs, dolphins...but never a kitty! Has anybody ever gotten one that was a cat? If we did, that would really increase our cabins steward's tip!

Reading through this thread brought back so many memories. Our lab (no passed on) used to pout big time when the luggage came out. He would pout when I would get my keys out of my purse. He really did not like to be left alone. The trauma that Rex (lab) went through each time we went on a cruise was just too much for all of us. I, too, would get someone to come to the house because he refused to go to a kennel or pet spa.

It has been 5 years since Rex has passed on and we are about to embark on our 18 cruise in just a couple of weeks. I still get all choked up when I get the luggage out.....it just brings back so many wonderful memories (as well as the trauma).

We do love our pets

Linda

Archived