Ketchikan museum closing times

tutuwahineLV

Hello All, looking for your expert advice yet again.  Our ship doesn't arrive in Ketchikan until 2p, and we're there till 830p.   While looking for things to do, we decided on the Totem Heritage Center, the Tongass Historical museum and the Southeast Alaska Discovery center.   I know 2 of the 3 are within walking distance, I remember strolling past them on the last trip.  

My question is this ....they close at 4p and 5p.  Do they ever extend those hours on ships days??    What has your experience been?  

TIA for sharing your knowledge, 

Tutu

Unlike the stores which often extend hours for the cruise ships staying late in town, the museums will not. The published hours will be observed so you just want to keep that in mind when planning your afternoon. You might not have time to fit in all three, so I would first really look at the web site info and TripAdvisor reviews to determine what your priorities are in order.  Since the Southeast Alaska Discovery Center closes at 4 p.m. you might want to make that your first stop if it is a high priority. The Tongass Historical Museum is a short walk from that, so you could probably easily hit both of those in the time window you have. It is a small museum that is connected to the Library and doesn't require a lot of time to go through. The Totem Heritage Center is little further out - if you want to fit that in as well I would take a taxi so you don't waste a lot of time walking.

• Like 1