Kids Club and Meals

On my upcoming Carnival cruise in October it will be me, my wife and my 2 kids (ages 2 and 5). Obviously some nights for dinner in the MDR we will eat with the kids but we were thinking for a couple nights it being just me and my wife. How does their kids club work when it comes to providing meals to kids. I looked online and see they do it. Do they take them to the Lido deck, is there a separate room for them, how does it work exactly? I assume we would have to tell them ahead of time what to give them from a kids menu. 

You take your kids to the buffet and drop them off to the staff at 6. They will have a section of the tables roped off and kid friendly foods there for them to choose from. Then after dinner at 7 they walk them back to kids club and it opens back up.

• Like 1

If you want to choose what the kids eat (or let them have more choices in what theyre eating), you may be better off taking them to the buffet right as it opens for dinner, getting them food, dropping them off at the kids club right when it opens, and then heading to your own dinner.  This wouldn't work if you have early dining, but should work for anytime/late.