Arosa? Any feedback appreciated

chkesh96

We are considering a Rhine cruise on Arosa lines. I have searched and read everything on this site and everywhere! There are a handful of negatives regarding language issues, but I'm just struggling to find much information at all. 

We are traveling with our three teenagers and are not looking for luxury - just a nice clean room and breakfast / dinner. We would not use the included tours on other lines, so Arosa not providing them is not an issue for us. I truly feel that many of the enriching offers on other lines would be wasted on us at this stage of life.

While we do not speak German, the sailing we are looking at is classified as an International. 

I would appreciate any personal experiences / further information! I'm struggling to find a travel agent in the states with any familiarity with Arosa.

A-ROSA is a very reputable German river cruise company. I have not sailed with them but see their ships frequently on the river. The interior design is nice, with a focus on the red colour scheme.

They have a focus on families and attract a slightly younger clientele. There are special family cruises but teenagers might actually feel more comfortable on the standard cruises.

As you said, excursions are bought in a package or individually on top of the basic cruise. That is convenient for striking out on your own.

I do not know how much the international cruises differ from the German ones.

To find out more - I agree - a travel agent would be good. Have you tried contacting A-ROSA via their American website for agent names?

By the way, the excursions might be nice for all of you, but if you prefer to go without them, the Rhine is probably a good choice for going without German language knowledge. Get the teenagers to learn a few words for polite shopping manners or equip them with smartphones (they probably have the latest device, I know...) and off you go exploring! In larger places you will always bump into a person happy to help in adequate English.

For reviews I suggest you try a German language websites. CC rules do not allow naming or linking, try by entering A-ROSA Schiff Bewertung in the search engine and have it translated.

Hope this helps.

notamermaid