on Viking Jupiter now for British Isles cruise

moatenote

12 hours ago, travelnn said:

Thanks so much for your excellent excursion reviews. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

I'm curious about the optional excursions. How well are they priced? 

Optional tours always seem expensive, but here's what we paid for the ones we took:

Lerwick-"Ancient Civilizations of the Shetlands,"  $99, 4 hr.

Edinburgh-"Holyrood Palace & Edinburgh Castle,"  $159, 7.5 hr.  (includes fairly expensive entrance fees to both)

Belfast-"Giant's Causeway", $99, 5.5 hr.  (includes another fairly expensive entrance fee-the Visitors' Center and round trip ride                           from there to the scenic area

Liverpool-"Roman City of Chester," $169, 7.5 hr.  (includes lunch)

Dover-"Canterbury Cathedral and Leeds Castle," $179, 8 hr.  (includes both entry fees and ride on the little train from/to parking

area)

London-"London & the London Eye," $169, 2.5 hr.  (includes fee to ride London Eye)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, haydn12 said:

Moatenote, we were on the same British Isles cruise with you!   I think you are booked for the same Alaskan Cruise in June, 2021. 

Jim

Wow, small world, eh??   Yes, our group of 6 booked the Alaska cruise for June 8, 2021.  We'll have to have a "meet and greet" of our own!  You're not by any chance going on the Mediterranean Odyssey on September 9, 2020 are you???  (that's our next one).

Yep, that is the cruise we are on.  We already signed up for the Meet & Greet. Next year we are doing a southern France River Cruise in November.  My wife didn't want to do the roller coaster vacation I'm doing with my 21 & 25 year old kids in May/June next year but wanted to do a river cruise instead.

Jim 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/21/2019 at 7:21 AM, moatenote said:

Six of us are now on the British Isles cruise, Bergen to Greenwich, (July 14-28, in a PV2) if anyone has questions about the ship or cruise.

Viking let 6 of you occupy a PV2?😉  No reply needed as I’m rereading the comments because we just booked this itinerary for May 2020 and will be able to book excursions February 26.