Disney Fantasy - help with room choice please!

Candace8789

Hello,

This will be our first cruise ever so I am a newbie to all of the ins and outs of choosing a room.  We are doing the Very Merry Eastern Caribbean with 2 adults and a 3 and 5 year old on the Disney Fantasy.

I am debating between a regular Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah and a Family Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah.

Right now we are in 9568 (standard deluxe) but it is right in front of the elevators which I do not like. I understand a starboard side is better for views on port days so am looking at those rooms.

Other options are 9542 (standard deluxe) which is further from the elevators (but still close) and also 8604 which is a family deluxe and further from the elevators, but the 8th floor (is it that big of a difference?).  Price difference is $600. 

Is 9 that much better than 8? (We have younger kids, so will the extra walking matter? I’ve never  been on a cruise ship so don’t comprehend how big they are).

Is the extra space with a family deluxe worth it? I understand it has a bigger balcony which appeals to me. I don’t understand the whole clear vs. white walls on the balconies and the pros/cons  - I believe 8604 is clear.

Is being closer to the elevators all that bad?

Thanks in advance to all who reply. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Candace 

3 minutes ago, Candace8789 said:

Hello,

This will be our first cruise ever so I am a newbie to all of the ins and outs of choosing a room.  We are doing the Very Merry Eastern Caribbean with 2 adults and a 3 and 5 year old on the Disney Fantasy.

I am debating between a regular Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah and a Family Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah.

Right now we are in 9568 (standard deluxe) but it is right in front of the elevators which I do not like. I understand a starboard side is better for views on port days so am looking at those rooms.

Other options are 9542 (standard deluxe) which is further from the elevators (but still close) and also 8604 which is a family deluxe and further from the elevators, but the 8th floor (is it that big of a difference?).  Price difference is $600. 

Is 9 that much better than 8? (We have younger kids, so will the extra walking matter? I’ve never  been on a cruise ship so don’t comprehend how big they are).

Is the extra space with a family deluxe worth it? I understand it has a bigger balcony which appeals to me. I don’t understand the whole clear vs. white walls on the balconies and the pros/cons  - I believe 8604 is clear.

Is being closer to the elevators all that bad?

Thanks in advance to all who reply. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Candace 

In my experience, being closer to elevators isn't really that much of an issue.  In fact, not having to traverse the passageway from an elevator lobby to a room at the far reaches means less walking, for me.

For me, I'd probably do the Family Deluxe room.  Biggest reason, it will give you a bit more room in the room for those times you may need some down time with the kids.

Actual location (starboard vs port; deck 8 vs 9) really not important.  BUT, the aft area of the ship (from about midship back), on the Fantasy,  there can be a serious vibration issue on nights where the ship is really moving to cover distance.  I'd look at rooms that are no further back than midship.