Ketchikan Bike Trails

FaithPlus1

So I researched 2 bike rental shops in town. One is right by the cruise berths, and the other is not far from Totem Bight State Park and right off a bus stop. 

I'm debating which location has easier trails than to ride on highways (makes me nervous) to hopefully be in or near the woods. 

Is one location better suited for bike riding? If so, which area in particular is more suited for a leisurely, flat bike ride?

Thanks

The bike shops should be able to give you recommendations. I rented a bicycle in Skagway last month and rode along Dyea Road toward the Chilkoot Trail. There's not a lot of traffic to worry about when riding along a road once you get out of town.

1 hour ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I reached out to the 2 bike shops. One is adjacent to the berths and they haven't gotten back to me, and one that is by Totem Brite, but requires taking a bus to get there. Is one area better than the other?

Watch out with the bus to Totem Bight. The bus only comes once an hour so you will need to be careful about your timing getting back to the ship.