Mariner of the Seas - Escape Room

1 hour ago, lumpyspaceprincess said:

It is just two of us and we want to solve the room by ourselves and not with other families.

Then you'd have to pay for the other 12 slots allowed (very unlikely you'd be able to do that) for that time slot or hope no one else booked for that slot shows up (very unlikely).

Gidday all!

Just wondering what bookings are like regarding the Escape Room.

Is it usually fully booked ahead of boarding or have fellow cruisers here found there are spaces, and possibly specials available?

Thank you 😀

TraceyG

Edited by dandtgeddes
Spelling

I don't think you'd be able to solve the room with just two people. The puzzles are pretty good, so more minds will help, but most importantly, several of the puzzles are designed to require co-operation with 3-4 people.

For instance, on the Independence there was a puzzle that required two people to sit in alcoves on the opposite sides of the room, and then a third person had to be in the middle to relay messages between them.

They will definitely fill up the remaining slots with other people, but we've always had fun working with other random people.

1 hour ago, dandtgeddes said:

Gidday all!

Just wondering what bookings are like regarding the Escape Room.

Is it usually fully booked ahead of boarding or have fellow cruisers here found there are spaces, and possibly specials available?

Thank you 😀

TraceyG

I've heard that some of the escape rooms allow booking through the cruise planner, but the two ships I've been on that had them didn't do bookings until embarkation day. You'll definitely want to book early, as by the 2nd day there were only two time slots available to us.

Thank you, that information is helpful 😀

Looks like there are 14 places per escape room session.

I think even with strangers it would still be fun  as they are like minded people and are keen to solve the puzzle too.

Will watch the cruise planner just in case it becomes available pre cruise.

TraceyG