Onboard service charges

The last I heard they required such requests to be made once you disembarked and were home by filling out a form and submitting it. Not sure if they've changed that practice, but a lot of people were removing them in protest for things not related to services provided by the crew.

12 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

The last I heard they required such requests to be made once you disembarked and were home by filling out a form and submitting it. Not sure if they've changed that practice, but a lot of people were removing them in protest for things not related to services provided by the crew.

The one thing that NCL does better than the other lines, IMHO. Keeps the cheapskates from stiffing the crews.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pacificcruise said:

Can onboard service charges, tipping, be removed from your daily account on NCL? 

I understand your question since you are from Australia thanks to the Cruise Critic article titled Tipping on Ships: An Australian Culture Clash at https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1591 updated February 7, 2019.

Perhaps the following article updated June 6, 2019 will be helpful to all reading this thread:

The Truth About Gratuities

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=298

The article states NCL requires cruisers file a reimbursement request after the cruise ends as mentioned above by others.

Edited by TxCityKat
additional info