Towels provided

VeroBeachCruiser

I'm not sure what line you are cruising with but most will let you sign out their pool towels to take ashore with you. They will usually have a table near the departure gangway and you sign a receipt for them and then when you come back they'll have a big bin for you to throw them in and some will even check to make sure you sign them back in. Some will charge you for the towel if you don't sign them back in.

It helps to answer questions if we know which cruiseline.;)

Carnival, for instance, has large beach towels in the cabins just for shore use. (Towels for use on the ship are provided at the pool area.)

I don't take the ship towels on shore. If lost or stolen, you will be charged $22 to replace them. However, my main reason is that the ship's towels are 'way too big, bulky, and heavy - and would completely fill my tote bag. I take an inexpensive beach towel, so if it's lost it's no biggie.

I always borrow the towels they give you at the pool areas. You can usually grab a couple without a problem. They are good size, but not too big. You don't have to worry about the 22. charge if they are stolen. I have always returned the towels as soon as I re-board the ship. Sometimes they require a room number to borrow the towels, other times they are not keeping track.

HAL's procedures:

There are towels placed on the lounge chairs around the pools.

If you are going on a shore excursion like to the beach or snorkling, there will be a huge pile of towels on a table as you leave the ship. We have never had to sign for a towel but a few months ago, on one of the HAL ships, someone mentioned that they had to sign for towels.

Archived