YTD - making reservation on HUB

jdemps

If we have 3 cabins cruising together, can we make a reservation on the HUB app for 6 people without having the reservations linked?

Can i just go in and say I need a table for 6 on the app?  thanks.

2 hours ago, jdemps said:

If we have 3 cabins cruising together, can we make a reservation on the HUB app for 6 people without having the reservations linked?

Can i just go in and say I need a table for 6 on the app?  thanks.

As @TerReuv said, you cannot make reservations on the app; however, on some ships you can check in for YTD on the app.  It is my understanding that you can check in for multiple parties who wish to dine together.

We recently cruised the Horizon- my daughter and her guy were in another stateroom linked to ours, and we all had YTD. One night she checked us in for dinner (elegant night of all nights), but neglected to include both staterooms- so they were prepared for a party of 2 and not SIX. I imagined that this might be a disaster for them, but they handled it with such grace and professionalism, and we promptly ended up with the best table we had of all our dining experiences in the MDR (very near the windows at sunset). I don’t know that this answers your question, but perhaps provides you with a scenario of what not to do (because there’s no guarantee you’ll get that perfect table, be seated promptly, and it’s just very inconvenient for the staff obviously). 

Edited by lensonlife

On 7/24/2019 at 1:14 PM, TerReuv said:

You can't make reservations for YTD.  You would have to go (all together) and put your name in each night if there was a wait.  

You absolutely can do it on the app on some ships

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

I will make an attempt at distinguishing the difference between the two types of things people are trying to explain. I think it could be confusing based just on terminology.

A reservation is a specific time made in advance, accepted by the venue, and then you know that is the time you show up. This is what people say cannot be done in the app.

What you can do on the app, is more like "call-ahead seating," similar to what can be done at certain fast-casual, land-based restaurants. Basically, you get on the app to "check in" to say "I'm ready now and can be on my way!" When a table is ready,. which could be immediate or could be a short wait, the app will notify you, and you have to go right there (I think you have about 10 minutes to get to the dining room), or you lose the table and they move on.

I hope this helps! If not, sorry, I tried.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, hotsauce126 said:

The Carnival website says advance table reservations are not accepted on board.  Don't know why they added the On Board unless it means you can reserve prior to your cruise?