Photo package

Kenny1080

You can definitely purchase the package on board. The one time we purchased a package we did it on board and used our Latitudes discount. We didn't buy any photos on our last cruise, but we did in 2018. I want to say the larger photos were $15-20/each. The discount for the package is worthwhile if you have enough photos you like to buy. 

I believe the 8X10's are $24.99.  I always buy a photo package and always in advance.  Depending on the one you pick, you get a few free photos with each package...more free as you go up in price.  Also, once you have the photo package, you can get a discount on the photo book on the ship.  Last year I paid $50 for the photo book and it had 30 pictures in it I believe.  Unfortunately NCL does not have an all inclusive photo package (like Royal has for $249)

Are you able to download the pictures anywhere, or is it only prints?  We like to take some family pictures, but like to have them done in canvas.  Also, how difficult is it to take the actual prints home when you have to fly home with suitcases stuffed to the gills?

7 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Are you able to download the pictures anywhere, or is it only prints?  We like to take some family pictures, but like to have them done in canvas.  Also, how difficult is it to take the actual prints home when you have to fly home with suitcases stuffed to the gills?

When we were on the escape in October 2017 and bought a package of I believe 10 photos, we also got a flash drive with digital copies of the same ones we purchased. To fly home we just very carefully packed the folder of them hoping they didn’t get crushed and they did make it home successfully. 

Photo prices varied - embarkation ones are up to $25 each, others are either $15 or $20, depending on the sizes like those on the piers, excluding the ones taken in Specialty Dining (now sold on the spot only ... $20, I think - but Latitude/Platinium/+ discounts are given, just ask & it's a good saving).  

If you are sailing with multiple cabins or staterooms and some of the pictures are for the "group" together, be sure to use a single room # so that they are tagged together in the same binder.  The 10 or 15 photo discounts are good, regardless of the individual sizes or prices, nice to mix & match - bring our costs down to just a little over $10 or $11 each.  

The USB drive option is add-on only, they will download & transfer all the ones you purchased & paid off, and give you copyright release to make extras at home - $10, I think.  However, you cannot just buy the USB drive with the photos.