Celebrity shore excursions for Bonaire - opinions wanted!

LadyBerard

Looking for opinions comparing Spice Beach vs. Coco Beach excursion through Celebrity.  We do not normally take ship sponsored excursions, but we have quite a bit of OBC from Celebrity.  We already have the Classic drink pkg. and prepaid gratuities so we don't need the $ for that.  I also see that Celebrity offers some sail/snorkel trips, but I'm nervous to take one as I am prone to motion sickness.  The last time I did a sailing trip from St. Thomas to St. John, I was feeling quite badly the entire way.  We have been to Bonaire recently (this past Jan.) and privately rented golf carts to tour the island.  If any of you have done any of the excursions through Celebrity, please share your thoughts and opinions with me.  Thank  you!

We were in Bonaire on a previous Celebrity cruise, and only had an abbreviated time in port. We booked the junk, fascinating history about the owner and family. It sailed in a sheltered area, hardly a ripple. Snorkeling along the reef was spectacular. In November we're taking the Crown Princess which gives us a full day in port. This time, we have reserved a golf cart and plan to do a little touring and then head to Delfin's for the day.

Yes, crossing from St. T to St J can be rough. 

Darcy

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 2:53 PM, Pier290 said:

We're sailing Sept 13 on Celebrity....but we purchased day passes at Harbor Beach Resort on their website.  Looks like an awesome boutique private beach resort....

Do you mean Harbour Village Beach Resort?  If so, did you email them directly and how much per person is it?  Do you know how much it will cost to get there from the ship?

On 7/26/2019 at 7:26 PM, WatchHill said:

We were in Bonaire on a previous Celebrity cruise, and only had an abbreviated time in port. We booked the junk, fascinating history about the owner and family. It sailed in a sheltered area, hardly a ripple. Snorkeling along the reef was spectacular. In November we're taking the Crown Princess which gives us a full day in port. This time, we have reserved a golf cart and plan to do a little touring and then head to Delfin's for the day.

Yes, crossing from St. T to St J can be rough. 

Darcy

What is "the junk?" Was it a sailboat or catamaran? Thank you!

3 hours ago, NorthCarolinaBelle said:

What is "the junk?" Was it a sailboat or catamaran? Thank you!

Sorry for the lack of clarity. Growing up in a sailing family and being able to name each and every sail on a brig/brigantine/bark/clipper, etc.,  since I was about 10,  I didn't provide the details about the Chinese junk in Bonaire. Far from being a catamaran [yes, had one of those too, Force Five], it's a unique vessel with an amazing history, reminding me of Hong Kong Harbor. Jack Sparrow would be envious, though he would have preferred a multi-mast bark. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147268-d6372119-Reviews-Samur_Sailing_Charters-Kralendijk_Bonaire.html

Darcy