Soft Serve

Donoiv11

On 7/26/2019 at 10:28 PM, TomCruise48 said:

Vista and Horizon serve homemade Gelato at the buffet for lunch.  I can't remember how many flavors, but I think it is about 6.  The flavors I remember are Tiramisu, Hazelnut, Coffee, and Salted Caramel.  They have two flavors available each day.  The Gelato is served by a Carnival team member, and there are toppings available for the guests to add themselves.  I've used these toppings occasionally for the soft serve as well.

Was it gelato or ice cream that they make in the buffet?  I don't remember.  What I can say is that the lines there can be long, and they were often out of a flavor by the time I got to the front of the line.  It takes them longer to make a new batch than dispense it, so I wound up giving up on the line as more pax discovered the treat as the cruise went on......not nice to wait 20 minutes only to see the person before me get the last scoop of the flavor I wanted.

3 hours ago, thesmiths said:

And my wife brings that little shaker bottle of sprinkles.. or as I call it Jimmies.

If I remember correctly, I've read that Horizon has toppings available. Sprinkles and maybe something else. I would think Vista would, too, but maybe not. Or maybe they were getting the toppings from the gelato station.

8 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Was it gelato or ice cream that they make in the buffet?  I don't remember.  What I can say is that the lines there can be long, and they were often out of a flavor by the time I got to the front of the line.  It takes them longer to make a new batch than dispense it, so I wound up giving up on the line as more pax discovered the treat as the cruise went on......not nice to wait 20 minutes only to see the person before me get the last scoop of the flavor I wanted.

It's gelato. This photo is from a user's review on Horizon in April.

(photo credit to user Gettys84)

e5d70bd4d016e3dbb33acc464ce835ad.jpg

9 minutes ago, evandbob said:

We were on the Vista for 4 cruises during its first year, and found the lines long as well, especially during peak times.  On the Horizon earlier this year, I noticed that they had two machines for each flavor, four total, unlike the Vista that had only one for each flavor.  Lines on the Horizon were short.  Perhaps the Vista has made this change as well.

On 7/26/2019 at 7:28 PM, Donoiv11 said:

What time does the soft serve machine open on the Vista? 

Are chocolate and vanilla the only 2 flavors?

Can I bring my own scooper?

Thanks!

Soft serve machines in usually 4 places on the ship during the day. Evening down to two places. Chocolate always. Vanilla switches to strawberry every other day. You have two choices. Regular soft serve or Yogurt two different machines.

Sometimes the Yogurt tastes better then the soft serve. I eat it at lest 6 times a day maybe more. Guess I love ice cream. Can't just walk buy that machine. Carnival is the ONLY cruise line that has it available 24/7 Yum!