Celebrity- Back to Baltimore>>>

patrickc

Just always hoping that Celebrity will come back to Baltimore.. don't want to hear all the reasons about the port-- I live here & its a great port- and you really cannot top sailing out of the Chesapeake Bay, under the Bay Bridge-- over the Bay-Bridge Tunnel. Cruises always sold out.. please advise if any plans for 2007. Just tired of the Grandeur of Seas... please send us new ships & itineraries RCCL!!

I really enjoyed Baltimore too. A great place to visit and as said above, a nice trip down Chesapeake. Day at sea and then Charleston on the way down to the Caribbean worked well also.

There were some horror stories of messed up disembarkation for Celebrity, including Galaxy getting stuck at the dockside in shallow water, but we had a pretty good experience. I don't know if they plan to invest any funds in the cruise ship terminal there, but it was very basic when we were there. Galveston was like that in 2004, but they have improved things a lot, I believe.

Phil

Hi Everyone !

I may be wrong about this, but I am pretty sure I have read that Celebrity will not be back in Baltimore in 2007. Sorry !

I'd go on a cruise out of Baltimore any day. We recently moved to TX after living in the DC metro area for 20 years, and I'd have a good excuse to visit friends, so my reasons are selfish.:)

Transfers to the port from the airport are easy, too. Far nicer than Bayonne.

Come on X, put CONSTELLATION or CENTURY in Baltimore for a year!!!

Jacksonville was great on the Zenith but I heard the bridge there is low and it cant be raised and the cruise ships arent lowering their stacks to get under it ,, so the Jax Port is not for X. The 14 day Zeniths were outstanding and reasonable.

Don

I hear you, patrickc. We're a 10 minute drive away. :(

Instead of paying $350 more on the 10-yr old Grandeur, we're taking Amtrak to NYC to sail on the new Crown Princess from Brooklyn in September. I'll meet you onboard when some other ships come to our port. Until then...;)

Just always hoping that Celebrity will come back to Baltimore.. don't want to hear all the reasons about the port-- I live here & its a great port- and you really cannot top sailing out of the Chesapeake Bay, under the Bay Bridge-- over the Bay-Bridge Tunnel. Cruises always sold out.. please advise if any plans for 2007. Just tired of the Grandeur of Seas... please send us new ships & itineraries RCCL!!

The cruise terminal in Baltimore will be moving to a new location:

In Spring 2006, the new dedicated passenger cruise terminal will be located at South Locust Point in the port of Baltimore. :)

The new terminal is located right off Interstate 95, just a quick ten minute ride from BWI Airport and only five minutes from Baltimore’s world-renowned Inner Harbor.

http://www.marylandports.com/cruises/ Here is the link if your interested.

Jacksonville was great on the Zenith but I heard the bridge there is low and it cant be raised and the cruise ships arent lowering their stacks to get under it ,, so the Jax Port is not for X. The 14 day Zeniths were outstanding and reasonable.

Don

If Zenith used to sail from there, and one Carnival ship currently does, the bridge must be low enough for Zenith and Celebration. I was saving up for one of the 14 nighters out of JAX when they moved Zenith. I kept hoping they'd come back. For southerners it's a most convenient port.

Instead of paying $350 more on the 10-yr old Grandeur, we're taking Amtrak to NYC to sail on the new Crown Princess from Brooklyn in September. I'll meet you onboard when some other ships come to our port. Until then...;)

Madelinerose - Have you called amtrak to see if you can check your luggage. We live outside of Phila. and thought we would use amtrak from either Wilmington, De or Phila. We were told that since 911 there are no suitcases allowed and that there are no porters available to help with any bags. Someone suggested that if we took a local train (15 stops) we could probably do it. Just curious if amtrak offers this in the Balt. area. Thanks

PS Only sailed once on the Grandeur (out of SanDiego) and I wouldn't sail her again if it was free. This ship needs to be sent to the grave yard. IMHO

Madelinerose - Have you called amtrak to see if you can check your luggage. We live outside of Phila. and thought we would use amtrak from either Wilmington, De or Phila. We were told that since 911 there are no suitcases allowed and that there are no porters available to help with any bags. Someone suggested that if we took a local train (15 stops) we could probably do it. Just curious if amtrak offers this in the Balt. area. Thanks

PS Only sailed once on the Grandeur (out of SanDiego) and I wouldn't sail her again if it was free. This ship needs to be sent to the grave yard. IMHO

Archived