TransPacific To Australia/New Zealand

Harley52

Since you asked for NA ports there is a segment of the QV world voyage to Sydney originating FLL.  There is segment of the QM2 world voyage  in 2021 from NY to Sydney departing in early January.    I hope this is helpful to you.

We were on the Victoria from San Francisco to Sydney, part of their World Cruise, in 2019.  It was a good experience overall and got us to Australia without jet lag or stress!

One of my better Cunard cruises was on Queen Mary 2 some years ago when as part of her world cruise we sailed to Sydney and called at Los Angeles: having sailed around South America first.

Crossing the Pacific is always something special.

5 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

One of my better Cunard cruises was on Queen Mary 2 some years ago when as part of her world cruise we sailed to Sydney and called at Los Angeles: having sailed around South America first.

Crossing the Pacific is always something special.

Thank you Solent Richard, I made many trips to Portsmouth and Gosport while in the Royal Canadian Navy.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harley52 said:

Thank you Solent Richard, I made many trips to Portsmouth and Gosport while in the Royal Canadian Navy.  

Good to hear Harley52.

My penultimate 'job' in the Royal Navy was based in Gosport where I was the First Lieutenant at the Submarine School, HMS Dolphin.

295026464_PeriscopeDepth.thumb.jpg.f718aecdd6fe463c04c6e5fdd13ce6bf.jpg

It would appear that I will be visiting your 'Home Town' before the end of the year. I have planned to walk up Signal Hill and make it to Quidi Vidi Battery.

Should you desire to have a chat you can contact me through my Cruise Blog comment facility ( Nothing will be published) 

7 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Good to hear Harley52.

My penultimate 'job' in the Royal Navy was based in Gosport where I was the First Lieutenant at the Submarine School, HMS Dolphin.

295026464_PeriscopeDepth.thumb.jpg.f718aecdd6fe463c04c6e5fdd13ce6bf.jpg

It would appear that I will be visiting your 'Home Town' before the end of the year. I have planned to walk up Signal Hill and make it to Quidi Vidi Battery.

Should you desire to have a chat you can contact me through my Cruise Blog comment facility ( Nothing will be published) 

Actually, the Cunard Queen Elizabeth was in St. John's yesterday and we hosted a couple from Brisbane, we visited Signal Hill, Quidi Vidi Battery, the National War Memorial, Cape Spear, Bowering Park to see the Caribou associated with the Royal Newfoundland Regiment and surrounding area.

5 minutes ago, Harley52 said:

Actually, the Cunard Queen Elizabeth was in St. John's yesterday and we hosted a couple from Brisbane, we visited Signal Hill, Quidi Vidi Battery, the National War Memorial, Cape Spear, Bowering Park to see the Caribou associated with the Royal Newfoundland Regiment and surrounding area.

Yes, I know about Queen Elizabeth's visit. I run a fb group and one of our members placed a photograph that illustrated the distance from the ship to Signal Hill.

While we are chatting perhaps you could recommend the best streets for photographing the 'Jelly Bean Houses"? 

2 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Yes, I know about Queen Elizabeth's visit. I run a fb group and one of our members placed a photograph that illustrated the distance from the ship to Signal Hill.

While we are chatting perhaps you could recommend the best streets for photographing the 'Jelly Bean Houses"? 

Gower St., Holloway St., and Pilot's Hill.  Which ship will you be arriving on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Richard, while you're in St John's you might enjoy the following local attractions:

CCGS_Henry_Larsen,_Medium_Icebreaker sm.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VintageCCG said:

Richard, while you're in St John's you might enjoy the following local attractions:

CCGS_Henry_Larsen,_Medium_Icebreaker sm.jpg

Thank you very much. I had the brewery on my list after we'd done the Vidi Battery but now I'll research the others.

Many apologies to Harley52 for hijacking his Pacific thread.

Thanks again.

I can't reply your Cunard Question, but we've been On Celebrity Solstice from Honolulu to Sydney twice in the last years and absolutely loved it!.

QM2 feels like home for us, but Solstice was very enjoyable for us, particularly in Aqua Class.

The Transpacific route is our favorite , so highly recommended!