Bed by Balcony or Closet – How to Tell?

sm_cruises

Hi everyone – I'm trying to figure out how to tell the layout of rooms on the Norwegian Escape. Specifically which rooms have the bed by the closet and which have it by the balcony. For both the Epic and Breakaway we've been able to tell by looking at the deck plans, but no luck on the Escape. Does anyone know if it's possible to see?

Thanks!

If you are looking in NCL.com, get to the point where you've pulled up your category choice, then the list of cabins.  Clicking each cabin should give you a description to the right.  Should say "bed by balcony" or "bed by door".

3 minutes ago, LakeLureGuy said:

If you are looking in NCL.com, get to the point where you've pulled up your category choice, then the list of cabins.  Clicking each cabin should give you a description to the right.  Should say "bed by balcony" or "bed by door".

Found it, thank you! Can't believe I was looking at deck plans to figure this out on past cruises 🤦‍♀️

• Thanks 1

As a general rule (which I believe has a few exceptions), rooms for 3 have the bed by the closet whilst those for 4 have the bed by the balcony.

The post above is absolutely correct and I always use that to check before progressing.

For balcony and mini-suite categories (BA & BA Plus classes), the "sleeps 4" will have the bed near the balcony. A "sleeps 3" will usually be bed near the closet. There are some "sleeps 3" with bed near the balcony (no pullman).

The website does have info but it isn't always correct. Even for BA/GA, the deckplan has a few errors.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Another way to tell - Google or YouTube the cabin number and see if previous guests have

photos or videos of the cabin you are looking at.

Lacking that look on cabin either side of that (maintaining the same category) and see if that

has pictures - will be perhaps a mirror image.

Nothing on the starboard side look to the port - - -

Looking at NCL floor plans leaves a great deal to be desired - way too much generic imaging !

So we're booked in a mid-ship balcony on the Escape. I see on the NCL deck plans that we have the little triangle on our cabin, which means it sleeps 3. So based on the info above, our bed will be by the closet. I also see that our cabin is a connecting cabin, which means it will have a doorway along one wall. Does anyone know if that changes the configuration of the cabin at all?

1 hour ago, ThxMomnDad said:

So we're booked in a mid-ship balcony on the Escape. I see on the NCL deck plans that we have the little triangle on our cabin, which means it sleeps 3. So based on the info above, our bed will be by the closet. I also see that our cabin is a connecting cabin, which means it will have a doorway along one wall. Does anyone know if that changes the configuration of the cabin at all?

No

On 7/30/2019 at 6:47 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

For balcony and mini-suite categories (BA & BA Plus classes), the "sleeps 4" will have the bed near the balcony. A "sleeps 3" will usually be bed near the closet. There are some "sleeps 3" with bed near the balcony (no pullman).

The website does have info but it isn't always correct. Even for BA/GA, the deckplan has a few errors.

I never knew this so thanks to you and others for pointing this out.

Sailing Encore in January and have a balcony that sleeps 4 (there's actually 3 of us) and I think I prefer the bed by the balcony.

It's me, my wife and 20 yo daughter so the extra space with the couch closest to closet and bathroom works better for my very fashionable girls. LOL.