Edge Augmented Reality: 3-D Edge Access App Update

vtcruising

Last year I tried the Edge Access Tour app, but never had much success using it. I think you really needed to be on the ship to get the inside info. They just improved it (and call it Augmented Reality) and sent out a notice with the Captain's Club info today. I updated my app and now, in addition to having LLP and Richard Fain projected into my living room telling me all about the Edge, I can learn about many areas of the ship from the designers. It is a bit weird, but I did learn quite a bit about the design, engineering and execution of several areas including the Grand Plaza, Theater, Eden (actually quite interesting how this was engineered), RTG, MC (and learn how the ship is balanced with a 90 ton platform on one side), etc. There are also galley, Control Room and Bridge tours and you can board a tender with LLP and Richard. You can also use it on the ship in the venues, which probably makes it more interesting.

It's not for everyone, but if you are interested in learning more about the Edge, it may be worth your while.

Warning: It may involve a close encounter with an Edenist...

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/Edge_3D_Augmented_Reality_App/Edge_3D_Augmented_Reality_App.html

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I downloaded it last night but can't get it to work...my technie ability is challenged on a good day.  I'll try it again! 

I was surprised that mine worked on the first try. Before I knew it, Richard Fain was standing there holding the Edge in his hands and an Edenist was dancing in my living room! 🙂

I wish they would relocate some of their very talented IT employees to working on the Celebrity website instead of high tech wizardry which I'm sure only a minority of cruisers will view.  

I received a mailer over the weekend that was clearly personalized with my itinerary and ship, but when I went to the email address they gave in order to book a "discounted" excursion, it was marked as no longer in existence.  Then I spent about 15 minutes trying to locate a direct phone number for a Shore Excursion office.  Finally found a phone number that I thought would work but every time I asked a reasonable question, she put me on hold to find out the answer.  I finally gave up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baggal said:

I wish they would relocate some of their very talented IT employees to working on the Celebrity website instead of high tech wizardry which I'm sure only a minority of cruisers will view.  

I received a mailer over the weekend that was clearly personalized with my itinerary and ship, but when I went to the email address they gave in order to book a "discounted" excursion, it was marked as no longer in existence.  Then I spent about 15 minutes trying to locate a direct phone number for a Shore Excursion office.  Finally found a phone number that I thought would work but every time I asked a reasonable question, she put me on hold to find out the answer.  I finally gave up.

How annoying!