Port Canaveral

Goplayball

I'm flying into Port Canaveral with only carry on. Therefore, I can't bring sunscreen due to the TSA security.  We will be transported to port by shuttle.  Is there a convenience store within walking distance from port to pick this up?  I know I can purchase once I'm on the ship.  TIA....3 days😎🚢 👙🍹

Not within walking distance.  You could buy some at the airport after you land and before you get on the shuttle.  You will have to pay a higher price for it at the airport but probably not more than  what the ship charges.

2 hours ago, Goplayball said:

I'm flying into Port Canaveral with only carry on. Therefore, I can't bring sunscreen due to the TSA security.  We will be transported to port by shuttle.  Is there a convenience store within walking distance from port to pick this up?  I know I can purchase once I'm on the ship.  TIA....3 days😎🚢 👙🍹

Is there someone on your cruise roll call that would be willing to bring some for you?  That might be an option.

2 hours ago, Goplayball said:

The only 3oz bottles I have found are the high spf ones. I don't need that much. I'm sure they are expensive. That's why I was wondering if a store is within walking distance. Thank you tho.

Definitely nothing within walking distance.  Even the "closest" hotels aren't walking distance.  You could always get an Uber down to Ron Jon or the closest CVS/Walgreens (there were at least 3 on the street between Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.  

Amazon.com has quite a few travel size sunscreens.  If you are going from Florida south, an SPF 30 is not really a "high spf."   You still get tan and you are better protected from damaging sun.  

4 hours ago, Goplayball said:

The only 3oz bottles I have found are the high spf ones. I don't need that much. I'm sure they are expensive. That's why I was wondering if a store is within walking distance. Thank you tho.

You could buy empty travel 3 ounce containers and fill them with any sunscreen.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, exercisemama said:

You could buy empty travel 3 ounce containers and fill them with any sunscreen.

Best idea if you need your SPF 8 or 15 sunscreen...   Just don't put your tanning oil (does anyone really still use it?) in a GoToob.  I put some of my Argan Oil in one to take to Kenya with me - the Toob actually absorbed the oil!!!