Harmony of the Seas review 21st July 2019

5 hours ago, MLP12 said:

Enjoyed reading your review.  We will be on Harmony in 11 days.  I am disappointed that there is no pool in the solarium.  Is the Sport Pool an adults only pool?  I'm hoping that there will be one pool that adults only is enforced.  

Hi, yes it’s supposed to be, but didn’t seem to be enforced.

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I have heard that before. Maybe it’s because it’s more laid back, less of a theme park feeling?

There’s more to do than there was in the beginning, but it’s definitely different from the other parks. I find it more relaxing, if that’s possible at any Disney park!

I got to say with the new Avatar Flight of Passage right, I go over there just for that ride.  I am one of those that waited almost 2 hours to ride it without having a fast pass, only to return and ride with a fast pass.  

2 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

I got to say with the new Avatar Flight of Passage right, I go over there just for that ride.  I am one of those that waited almost 2 hours to ride it without having a fast pass, only to return and ride with a fast pass.  

Don’t get me wrong, the avatar ride is utterly fantastic, we utterly loved the ride, but it was soooo hot that day and humid that after a few hours we were totally done in and the other problem with the Disney parks is you are only allowed to book three fast passes in advance and then everything else has really long queues. I know you can book more on the day after your three but most are still fully booked. Oh and one other piece of advice, don’t queue for hours for the other avatar ride, it’s not worth a long wait.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mondas42 said:

Don’t get me wrong, the avatar ride is utterly fantastic, we utterly loved the ride, but it was soooo hot that day and humid that after a few hours we were totally done in and the other problem with the Disney parks is you are only allowed to book three fast passes in advance and then everything else has really long queues. I know you can book more on the day after your three but most are still fully booked. Oh and one other piece of advice, don’t queue for hours for the other avatar ride, it’s not worth a long wait.

See being a complete Disney fan, I know not to go in the summer anymore. Pretty much April to August are off limits to us going there.  I shoot for September through November or January to March.  I have been in August twice, we pretty much go in the morning and evening and hang at the hotel during the afternoon.  

I can't wait until we can finally sail on the Harmony, we have to wait until March of next year.  

On 7/31/2019 at 12:48 PM, TravisP said:

I do not understand why they do not cut off the heat to a couple of the hot tubs in the solarium and use them as little mini adult pools. We were on HOTS this past April. Getting in a hot tub when it is over 90 degrees outside is not my idea of a fun time. 

Agree!  I had to leave, I just could not get comfortable.

22 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I have heard that before. Maybe it’s because it’s more laid back, less of a theme park feeling?

There’s more to do than there was in the beginning, but it’s definitely different from the other parks. I find it more relaxing, if that’s possible at any Disney park!

I used to like Disney Studios best, but now I like Animal Kingdom more..  I love to walk around the animals and  then go to Avatar at night! 

Can't wait for Star Wars!  My whole family are Disney nerds, we go every year.

Thanks for sharing your review.  I remember Chops Grille was the best meal we had on Oasis, but that was almost 10 years ago.  We had the filet mignon steak.  What items did you order?  We might skip this specialty dining restaurant ...

On 7/31/2019 at 10:52 AM, mondas42 said:

Everything on the island is what Royal has brought so what did they think we were gonna smuggle on board?

That's a good question. At least in Labadee it's connected to mainland Haiti and there are vendors selling things. Wonder what the concern it with Coco Cay?

Richard.