Random 25 Photo package?

Heronymous

A family member noticed that when he made a change to his edocs for an upcoming cruise, a promo code “photo” appeared for a 25 photo package. I didn’t have that on my edocs so for the hell of it I made a change that updated my edocs, and sure enough the photo package appeared as well. We booked via Costco travel, and it’s not listed as a perk for our cruise nor is it on the ncl website currently.. the funny thing is another family member tried this for the same cruise and it didn’t work for him. Curious if anyone has any insight on what this might be from?

42 minutes ago, Heronymous said:

A family member noticed that when he made a change to his edocs for an upcoming cruise, a promo code “photo” appeared for a 25 photo package. I didn’t have that on my edocs so for the hell of it I made a change that updated my edocs, and sure enough the photo package appeared as well. We booked via Costco travel, and it’s not listed as a perk for our cruise nor is it on the ncl website currently.. the funny thing is another family member tried this for the same cruise and it didn’t work for him. Curious if anyone has any insight on what this might be from?

No additional insight, but I booked through the same company and the 25 Photo package shows on my edocs also. Following. 

I seem to recall a "bundled" promo that was available to book some time ago -- last year sometime.  It did include a number of photos (as well as other things that I don't remember, but different than the usual Free At Sea choices).  If you booked the cruise last year, perhaps it's from that?

On 8/1/2019 at 8:32 AM, macandlucy said:

I seem to recall a "bundled" promo that was available to book some time ago -- last year sometime.  It did include a number of photos (as well as other things that I don't remember, but different than the usual Free At Sea choices).  If you booked the cruise last year, perhaps it's from that?

We only boooked a few months ago, it wasn’t on there originally which is weird. One of our family members who booked at the same time via the method and phone call even is not getting the promo to appear though. Very strange

I'm going to guess that it was a group incentive perk thing from a Costco group booking (that Costco travel put together), way back when they created the group.

I took a look at NCL's group booking info, and as a group of friends and family, you create your own group, you get a choice of perks that come with the group booking (in addition to free at sea choices). One of those bonus choices is a 20 image photo package. Knowing how costco always supersizes everything they sell, my best guess is it was a Costco booking incentive.

The fact that it didn't appear on your booking confirmation initially is not that unusual. I usually book through NCL, and everything is always on my booking immediately. But my friends sometimes book through large, online Travel agencies, and if they are offering extras, they may take a few days to appear.

If your friend booked through Costco about the same time, maybe they should give them a call to see if they are entitled to the photos. If they booked through another agency or via NCL, they may not be eligible (because that perk was not part of their original booking).