Nice Côte d'Azur Airport...opinion

Numer3

A previous thread about an 11:00am flight after a cruise made us realize we were in the same predicament. I have no idea what we were thinking when we booked this!! It will cost over $1000 to change the flight. So we’d prefer not to do that. Sirena arrives at 7:00am in Monte Carlo, but my official documents say for disembarkation “Times vary but generally no later than 9:00”

Our flight is at 11:05am. 

This is our first time to cruise in Oceania, but we’ve been on other lines. We will definitely “self carry”. We are Category C-1. 

I have appreciated reading all the great tips and advice from this board! I’m hoping you can share info about your experience with this airport & any advice you can give to help us get off the ship quickly & make our flight. (For example, should we get an uber, taxi or prearrange a private car service? We do have TSA precheck, but not global. Any tips for once we arrive at the airport?) 

Our cruise returns this September 12. Thanks for any advice you’d care to share!!

Lara

there is a thread that may be helpful

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682328-taxis-at-monte-carlo/

You could  check the change fee  for the return flight  after  you complete the outbound flight 

sometimes it can be  about $250 +    you have to check the terms for your fare base  it should be on your ticket rules

When we arrived at Nice in November 2017 we were off the ship quickly.  I would suggest that when the survey comes out asking when you want to leave the ship, mark the earliest time possible.  I would also recommend reserving a car for pickup, whether it is by Uber or a car service.  When we arrived there was NO problem getting an early cab.  I was trying to call Uber but my phone wouldn't give me service (too long a story to go into) so we just found a cab.

My diary isn't very revealing but according to our itinerary our flight from Brussels was to arrive around 12:20.  I don't recall our flight being late.  But at that hour there were plenty of cabs available.

Mura

Number3........Lara, I certainly recommend that you pre-arrange a car to collect you from Monte Carlo..Not all taxi companies are licensed/allowed onto the dockside and so you will not find a line of cars waiting for a fare.   Also when we took this trip from the Dock at Monte Carlo to Nice airport in the morning  the traffic was very heavy as it is in most cities with people getting to work.     On that particular cruise we also sailed from Monte Carlo.   We saw taxis being stopped outside the dock and the passengers having to make their own way, with luggage, to the terminal.  Not far, but not the best start to your cruise.   11 am flight.......cutting it fine to say the least.    J 

Edited by Jay23

We are also on Sirena finishing in Monte Carlo and have an 11 am flight  and have pre-booked a taxi to pick us up at 08.15. The journey time is about 35 minutes. I would highly recommend pre booking, as it will be very busy at the dock. I used airportcitytransfer. There are many others though.

4 very helpful responses, thank you all! I will arrange a car. So 8:15 should be the pick up time?? 

We must have gotten a good deal on our flight when we first booked because it’s quite a bit higher now to change. (We did just look into leaving even the next day.) 

Has anyone used the Fast Track at this airport? 

Thank you!!

Lara, several years ago when we were going on a cruise out of Monte Carlo, my sister came upon a site which offered membership in an organization called Club Presidente or something like that.  The cost to join was 100 euros per person, but came with lots of perks, among which included transportation via helicopter from Nice airport to Monte Carlo and limo service from the helipad to our hotel.

I searched on the Monte Carlo tourism site and didn't come up with anything, so I sent an e-mail asking for info.  When/if I hear from them, I will post here.  I couldn't get the Monicaire site to work, so I don't know what the usual fare would be, but I'm assuming it's more than 100 eu per person.  As I said I will post info here if I hear from the tourism folks.

Donna

LHT28, StanandJim & Donna, thanks!!

A helicopter...wow! Donna, that’s so nice of you to look into the club presidente! Sounds like an interesting option. I look forward to hearing about it.

I’m learning so much from this group. :-)

Lara

18 hours ago, Numer3 said:

LHT28, StanandJim & Donna, thanks!!

A helicopter...wow! Donna, that’s so nice of you to look into the club presidente! Sounds like an interesting option. I look forward to hearing about it.

I’m learning so much from this group. :-)

Lara

I haven't forgotten about you, Lara.  Still awaiting response from M C tourist office.