Choir of Man still on the Escape?

truckswain

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

It's possible they will have on two ships?   Thanks to OP for the link about Encore. 

I'm looking forward to this show on our Encore January cruise!

yes. they will be on two ships. based on their facebook page, the choir of man has like 4 different casts doing shows on the ship and elsewhere in the world.

for the escape and encore, the choir of man will be in the theater

• Like 1

12 hours ago, truckswain said:

I read the following article:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4306/

If the Choir of Men are done on the Escape does anyone have an idea what the replacement would be?

We saw them on our last Escape cruise in the fall. We are sailing the Escape this September and we were looking forward to see their show again.

I read this the same way you did. It sounds like they are moving the show from the Escape to the Encore. Hopefully it's just a poorly worded article. I was looking forward to seeing them on my September cruise as well!

We are on the Escape in a few weeks and would like to see Choir of Man. On the planning page for entertainment it says "book onboard" but I've noticed that people have mentioned pre-booking. Is there a way to book ahead or should we just go to a kiosk when we board?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

As announce on the 6/30 Escape cruise ... the current cast is taking time off then touring (one of them is also getting married).  There will be a replacement cast brought onto the Escape and the show is going to be reproduced on other NCL ships.

9 hours ago, shof515 said:

yes. they will be on two ships. based on their facebook page, the choir of man has like 4 different casts doing shows on the ship and elsewhere in the world.

for the escape and encore, the choir of man will be in the theater

Thank you for the clarification.  Happy to know we will  be able to see their show again.

I do find it curious that Choir of Man is the main theatre show on 2 of NCL's Mega ships

51 minutes ago, millie8 said:

We are on the Escape in a few weeks and would like to see Choir of Man. On the planning page for entertainment it says "book onboard" but I've noticed that people have mentioned pre-booking. Is there a way to book ahead or should we just go to a kiosk when we board?

We had the same situation.  We booked onboard using the kiosk as soon as we embarked, which was around noon.  No problems.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, truckswain said:

I do find it curious that Choir of Man is the main theatre show on 2 of NCL's Mega ships

The Choir of Man originally started out as a show in the supper club last year on the escape for a fee. The show became soo popular Norwegian moved it to the theater when the contract for for the record brat pack was not renewed. 

11 minutes ago, shof515 said:

The Choir of Man originally started out as a show in the supper club last year on the escape for a fee. The show became soo popular Norwegian moved it to the theater when the contract for for the record brat pack was not renewed. 

The show was excellent in the Supper Club so it will be interesting to see them in a much larger venue.

We also enjoyed the Brat Pack show, I would have seen that again as well.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Escape yesterday and saw Choir of Man.  Excellent show.   We made reservations on board since we could not do it prior to getting on the ship.  We actually chatted with the whole group at lunch one day.   Very nice bunch of guys!!!