Koningsdam aft-wrap Neptune Suite: Deck 5 or 6?

crunchii

We're looking at a cruise on Koningsdam and trying to decide on the cabin. We like the aft-wrap Neptunes and always try to get the ones on Deck 7, but unfortunately, both of those are taken. :classic_sad: I thought we'd go down to Deck 6, but looking at the deck plan, the aft-Neptunes on Deck 6 look smaller than the ones on other decks. There are some photos of SB6229 on HAL facts, and it looks tiny and cramped in the photos too.

Has anyone stayed in SB6210 or 6229? Are they as small as they look in the deck plan? Would the ones on Deck 5 be bigger?

I just looked at the photos, and the cabin does look small. Cramped is a good word for it. It looks like there's too much furniture squeezed in there.  I had a deck 7 aft wrap and it was definitely larger. (it looked like the photos you can see of the deck 4 aft wrap)

Yeah, I thought it looked smaller than those LARGE Category-K Insides on Vista class...

We'll be booking it for the verandah, but if we're going to pay the Neptune price, we want Neptune-sized room...

I think I'll go with the one on Deck 5 and hope the people that booked one the rooms on Deck 7 will cancel ;)

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I just looked at the photos, and the cabin does look small. Cramped is a good word for it. It looks like there's too much furniture squeezed in there.  I had a deck 7 aft wrap and it was definitely larger. (it looked like the photos you can see of the deck 4 aft wrap)

Hi. Where did you see the photos at please?  We have 6210 next month and definitely was not expecting a smaller room.  We have always stayed in the aft Neptunes and have always had lovely rooms.  Now I’m disappointed ☹️ 

Google halfacts. It's a website that has lots of pictures submitted by people who have sailed on the ship, not just cruiseline photos. 

I love corner afts on the Vistas, but after being in one on deck 7 on Kdam, the next trip on Kdam was in a NS along the side. The room was large enough, but the bathroom was terrible--stall shower smaller than a phone booth! Also, I found that K'dam did not ride well at the back. Shimmied in just a little bit of wind and slapped waves hard when they came at the back of the ship ("following seas"). 

15 minutes ago, Cheekyrn1 said:

Hi. Where did you see the photos at please?  We have 6210 next month and definitely was not expecting a smaller room.  We have always stayed in the aft Neptunes and have always had lovely rooms.  Now I’m disappointed ☹️ 

Halfacts dot com has guest pictures of all HAL ships. While your cabin is not listed, the mirror image on the starboard side is included. Sorry, it does appear the cabin and the balcony are smaller than normal.

I have a question for those who have sailed on Koningsdam aft wrap Neptune Suites. Are all the showers as tiny as the ones on deck 7? Smaller than any other shower we've experienced on HAL. On rough seas you can't fall over, but God help you if you drop the soap! I thought even regular cabins on K had nice-sized walk-in showers. And the tub was very skinny - with no showerhead. Typical of all on Neptunes on Koningsdam or are the wraps "special" 😟?

Edited by twodjs
Stupid Spell check

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

I have a question for those who have sailed on Koningsdam aft wrap Neptune Suites. Are all the showers as tiny as the ones on deck 7? Smaller than any other shower we've experienced on HAL. On rough seas you can't fall over, but God help you if you drop the soap! I thought even regular cabins on K had nice-sized walk-in showers. And the tub was very skinny - with no showerhead. Typical of all on Neptunes on Koningsdam or are the wraps "special" 😟?

From what I've heard, the showers in the "shower only" cabins are very large. (not NS, I don't know what category they are)

I don't know about dropping soap, but I can tell you that when I raised my arms to wash my hair, my elbows hit the side of the shower stall. The shower in my SA along the side last winter was considerably larger than the shower in the corner aft the year before. It may have been a bit wider, and it was definitely longer, not square. But no shower over the tub in the SA, either.

I don't know if my SA was larger in terms of space than the deck 7 corner aft, but the layout was very good. 

8 hours ago, twodjs said:

Halfacts dot com has guest pictures of all HAL ships. While your cabin is not listed, the mirror image on the starboard side is included. Sorry, it does appear the cabin and the balcony are smaller than normal.

Thank you. I looked at the photos. Dang. It is small but I think all the cabins on this ship re smaller compared to other ship.   Things could be worse I guess.  

Just reporting back to say we booked 5196. According to our PCC, aft-Neptune Suites on Deck 5 is 30 sqft. larger than the ones on Deck 6, and the balcony is slightly bigger too.

We'll be sure to take some photos and send them over to hal facts to be posted. (It won't be till Oct. 2020 though :classic_wink:)