Paying for an upgrade (not bidding) - are you eligble for all perks?

Pandot

I originally wanted to upgrade for the perks when prices went down and my FOV became cheaper than a balcony.  NCL told my travel agent because we are inside of final payment, we could have the upgrade but no change in perks.  Understand, took the upgrade (to a minisuite actually).  Thinking about it today - that was me not paying anything more.  If I paid more money to upgrade, would I then qualify for the extra perks inside the final payment window.  (The price I am paying to upgrade is most likely less than the value of the perks I would be getting anyway).

My guess is no, but thought I would ask.  I know I could ask my travel agent, but she is also my sister and it is the weekend and I don't want to bother her with another hour on the phone with NCL if it is a definite no.

Thanks.

Prior to final payment, it would have been a simple cancel and rebook, getting you the current promotions. Now it is too late for that and you would keep the originally booked promos (since you are keeping your original booking). 

Edited by BirdTravels

We booked a last minute guarantee in March and paid in full at time of booking for an early April cruise.  A week later, the price dropped on a category with perks.  It was only 100.00 more than our sail away rate.  My TA called and was able to upgrade us and we received two perks.  We were also able to use 2 cruise next certificates.   We have upgraded several times after final payment when we had to pay a little more and have always received the current perks.  I would have your TA call and try, my TA has never had any problems.

We did the same as @versuco .  We did a paid upgrade after final payment when prices had gone down and there was additional perks with the cabin upgrade.  Spent about 40m on hold with our TA untill NCL was able to pick up the phone and received 2 additional Free at Sea perks.

Upgrading is just like a new booking.  You will gain everything that is available at the time of booking and lose items that are no longer available.  I lost $100 OBC on my last upgrade and had to pay beverage and dining service charges at current rates.

Yup, as most others have said, you will in fact get current perks. We upgraded ourselves from H5 to H3 once. We got an extra 400$ OBC and an extra point per night when our cruise became a Latitude insider offer. We were well within final payment, perhaps 6 weeks from the cruise date when we did this.