Port of Tampa

runner2013

Hello all,

Does anyone happen to know how much a taxi from the Port of Tampa back to the Tampa airport after debarking is? Do they charge by the mile or a fixed rate before getting in?

I've looked into Supershuttle as well, and they are another good option, but if its just as easy to walk off the ship with my suitcase and hop into a taxi i'll do that.

Thanks for your help

Steve20832,

Do I have to make arrangements in advance with Uber or Lyft or can I walk off the ship and find one waiting in a certain area?

Can I pay in cash or do I need a credit card with an account? I've never used them and don't have anything set up.

Thanks

you need to learn about uber/lyft!  Google it or just get the app from the app store (free)

you must load the app to your phone

Via the app you call for a ride when you need it and get a reply with the cost and how long it will take (usually just a few minutes) and what the car will look like .. and to use the app you enter a CC which is how the driver is paid.

I believe there's a way to pre-order a ride but I've never tried it

• 2 weeks later...

Back in June we cruised out of Tampa and ended up just hoping on one of the many shuttle vans to the airport, it was about $8.00 pp.  We were at the airport going through security at 9:25am.  Really no need to use a taxi or Uber unless you are insistent at being only your party in the vehicle.