BirdTravels to Alaska on the Norwegian Joy

BirdTravels

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL transfers back to SeaTac is the easiest way to get to the airport. Trying to find your UBER is a nightmare. $20 per person in large motorcoaches. 

D87D08FC-C2FD-4573-A9E5-9483BA8CF932.jpeg

We signed up to take the Seattle tour after the cruise thru NCL . Is there any information on where you go and what time, do we bring our luggage with us?

56 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Observation Lounge is carpeted, so no real noise. More noise from people dragging chairs on their balconies. 

Good to hear (or not in this case🤣).  My husband and I are thinking of going on the Joy or Bliss to Alaska in late September and trying to get a feel for noise; mostly worried about getting a good night sleep so we can enjoy our days.  Thank you so much for your help and quick response.  And all the information is really been great to see, thank you so much for all of it!

7 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

We signed up to take the Seattle tour after the cruise thru NCL . Is there any information on where you go and what time, do we bring our luggage with us?

Post cruise excursions all have a meeting point on the ship. You can keep your luggage with you or you will get luggage tags (usually black) to pick up your bags in the baggage hall. Your bags are loaded in the motor coach and will go on the tour with you. 

Or, use the Port Valet and don’t worry about your bags until you get home. 

Awesome, up-to-date info on the Joy!  We'll be there in 2 weeks.

Curious, you have a concierge suite which gives you access to the concierge?  Is it the same person that handles the Haven also?  Who is the current concierge on the Joy?

Thanks and we'll be following the rest of your trip.

2 hours ago, saltygoat said:

Thank you for sharing your trip!  I was wondering if you have a room below the observation deck and if so how the noise is from above?

I had a room under the Observation Lounge on the Bliss back in May and there was no noise from above at any time of the day.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I had a room under the Observation Lounge on the Bliss back in May and there was no noise from above at any time of the day.

Oh thank you so much for the added info on the Bliss, I should add we have never been on a cruise so been doing my research and have learned so much just reading through the forums.  

1 hour ago, aniv20cruise said:

Awesome, up-to-date info on the Joy!  We'll be there in 2 weeks.

Curious, you have a concierge suite which gives you access to the concierge?  Is it the same person that handles the Haven also?  Who is the current concierge on the Joy?

Thanks and we'll be following the rest of your trip.

Who knows. We met “A Concierge” in Cucina yesterday. I tried to ask a couple of different ways if he was “The Concierge” or just an assistant assigned to the Concierge Suites. He was more insistent on telling us about everything we don’t get as a non-Haven Suite guest. 

“A concierge” who signed the welcome letter is Reynaldo Viliazor. 

One interesting thing is that there is a Concierge desk in the Atrium with office hours. 

Up up in the Havens, the concierge has multiple assistant concierge who staff the desk all day. 

• Like 2

Time to rest and relax, get a massage at the Spa.

Remember, it is the job of the spa personnel to upsell every treatment with the sale of products. It is their job. If you don’t want anything, politely decline. It is their job. Heck, every time I go to get my hair done, I get the hard sell on products. 

4092A2C8-9D24-4CA2-99F5-B54DEE06B1E3.jpeg

7CAD8289-4880-4CB7-BF15-ADFA5D8E751D.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels