Meal with Cirque Dreams and Steam on Getaway?

cebee123

3 hours ago, cebee123 said:

Does anyone know what the menu is for the show? Is it the same as the MDR that day?  Is there a set menu or does it change? 

See post #191 and #192 on the link below. It is a fixed 3-course menu (not MDR menu). 

We went to this show once when we were on the Getaway.  The food was okay, but what was served is not what I would normally choose.  The show is not good enough, in my opinion, for me to want to give up my normal dinner preferences, so we haven't gone to any other dinner shows on our many cruises.

I wish they would just let everyone see the show in the main lounge, instead of making it another pay-to-play experience and justifying it by giving you a meal that's not as good as what you would get in the main dining room as part of your cruise.  (By "not as good," I mean it's not as good to me because I can't choose my preferred meal.)

OMG !!! It's so funny how opinions very. My sister & I along with my teenage son went to this about a year ago and absolutely LOVED the show and thought the food was excellent. Tomato with mozz cheese and prosciutto for app. Steak w/ grilled shrimp that was extremely good, and I will say of the 3 different mini desserts, I enjoyed 1 more than the other 2. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We went on Epic and loved the show, Amazing,  so we have booked for Getaway. I am not really a steak eater so they brought me a huge piece of Salmon & Shrimp , which was beautiful, same menu as above on Epic.

We have been on the Epci twice (different shows) and the food was fine as we just wanted to see the show. We did not leave hungry and my steak was cooked as I requested. The price for the show alone in Vegas is expensive! My DD also treated me to show in our area and it was a pretty penny. (and dinner afterwards) The show cost way more than the ship. Personally I don't care if I like the food or not as there is food every where on the ship and I know I will not go hungry. Go for the show which is fabulous. Yes, my DD and I booked the show for our upcoming Getaway cruise.

• Like 1