Juneau Independent Shore Excursions

LindaMG

I am interested in a combination whale watch and Menendehall Glacier tour out of Juneau that I found on a booking website.  I have been advised to book directly with the tour company but need to find out who they are.

I am the one who sent you over here and this is the one tour that I don't know what company does it.

It used to be that all whale watching tours would drop off at Mendenhall but that stopped years ago due to local changes with Mendenhall.

Hopefully someone else can come up with this info.

10 hours ago, LindaMG said:

I am interested in a combination whale watch and Menendehall Glacier tour out of Juneau that I found on a booking website.  I have been advised to book directly with the tour company but need to find out who they are.

I think that there are a number of options.   Because my wife wanted to be on a larger boat, rather than about 12-14 passengers, we choose a combination Whale Watching and Mendenhall Glacier trip with this company --  https://www.juneauwhalewatch.com/  If you watch their web site, they will offer a discount in December - January.

Henry

41 minutes ago, masterdrago said:

Looks like juneaushoretours does those tours.

Yep - and the picture of the boat in the tour matches that company.

I didn't know which company did combo tours anymore. Glad others knew!

On 8/4/2019 at 8:51 PM, masterdrago said:

Looks like juneaushoretours does those tours.

We toured with Juneau Whale Watch  on their Juneautours.com site and was very happy with it - did the whale watch followed by Mendenhall.  Booked direct on their website and found a discount code that saved us a little kwan.  

Just be careful  as Juneaushoretours is actually a tour aggregator.

Whales1.jpg

Whales2.jpg

Nugget.jpg

I contacted them nearly a week ago with a question.  Never heard back so they have lost my business.  Finding this to be a common theme in Alaska, no response to emails.  I guess they don't need the business.

We did this tour through juneauwhalewatch last month and really enjoyed it. If I remember correctly there were 30-40 people on the boat. We did Mendenhall first before it got too crowded but by the time we left there were busses everywhere. The tour was $145 but we booked earlier this year and got a 15% discount. 

9 hours ago, bluedevil72 said:

We did this tour through juneauwhalewatch last month and really enjoyed it. If I remember correctly there were 30-40 people on the boat. We did Mendenhall first before it got too crowded but by the time we left there were busses everywhere. The tour was $145 but we booked earlier this year and got a 15% discount. 

We toured with JWW in September and probably because of the number of hours of daylight, we did the whale excursion first.  Had maybe 15-17 people on our boat.  We also stayed on the water longer than we were supposed to but no complaints there!  Didn't get to spend as long at Mendenhall as we wanted as the last JWW tour bus was leaving the park around 6-ish but we did get to spend a lot of time at Nugget Falls.  

We also got the 15% discount for booking early