Upgrading to Haven after final payment

Seany527

When I originally booked my cruise, I was able to book under a pretty lucrative deal which included money off the pre cruise hotel, free ship to shore minutes and free unlimited WiFi on top of the free at sea offers. 

Final payment has since last and I’m looking at moving into the Haven and paying the difference for a room (not via the upgrade program).

Will I be able to keep the offer I booked under or will I have to rebook under the current promotions (pick all 4, 2x the latitude points, etc.)?

Any insight would be helpful. 

Thanks!

I would not be so sure about that -  recently I tried to take advantage of the 20% off past guest offer and had to cancel and re-book under the current promos - so I lost my Distinctive Voyages perk and OBC but the overall savings more than made up for it. 

If you upgrade by paying the difference in the base fare between your current cabin and the haven room, you lose your original offers and get whatever the offers are available at the time of the upgrade.  For example, when I originally booked my balcony this year, I had $200 on board credit and 2 free offers.  When I upgraded last week, the offer was only $100 OBC but all 5 offers so I paid the difference in base fare and lost $100 in OBC but was given all 5 offers.  Last year when I did the same thing I was given additional OBC and the offers stayed the same because I had them all anyway.

If you win a bid through upgrade advantage, you keep your original offers but gain or lose benefits that come with the room.  For example if you go from a balcony to a haven spa, you would keep whatever free at sea offers you originally had with the balcony but gain spa and haven access since the spa/haven access comes with the room.

I did this back in May for our June cruise. We had booked a Spa Balcony, final payment was made and I decided book an H5. At the time the perks were better for just rebooking. I went thru a TA and it was no problem, they cancelled our Spa Balcony and booked the H5 I wanted. This all happened in about two hours

Thank you everyone for your responses.  

The price for the Haven dropped again shortly after I posted this.  I ended up calling and was told I would lose all offers I originally booked under (including the discount I originally received when booking the pre cruise hotel via NCL). 

However, the price of the Haven was too enticing and I decided to upgrade.  I was able to receive all offers that are currently available when booking, including the extra two latitude points per night.

Thanks again.

I just called to inquire about a direct upgrade for my upcoming sailing August 31. I booked a balcony with a free/reduced airfare promotion for a base price of 2649 each. The large penthouse with balcony is currently going for 3249. When I called, the agent said that that upgrade (to SE class) would be an ADDITIONAL $2857 because the reduced airfare promotion is no longer available for this sailing. *****. I already have my air reservation and seat assignments for this sailing. So they would just ask for an additional thousand bucks per person for the same exact seats. No thanks.