Yet Another CruiseNext Question

stevendom57

I apologize in advance for asking yet another CruiseNext question. I am sure this has been answered but I have been unable to find the proper post.

I am going on my first NCL cruise this coming September, to Alaska. I already have another NCL cruise booked, having paid only the deposit, for Sept 2020 in the Mediterranean. 

If I buy some CruiseNext certificates on my Alaska cruise, can they be used in any way to pay for my 2020 cruise?

TIA

Steven

Officially I believe the page mentions something about new bookings.

But I've never found that the case. I booked a Halloween cruise in 2018 when I had no Cruise Next, but went on a May cruise and got new ones, only to get home and find out NCL was offering use two on any cabin! So the two I just bought promptly went on my Halloween cruise. 

I think about the only true restriction I've seen is you can't use it on cruises if you're already past final payment UNLESS it's a new booking. (I've used Cruise Next on a cruise I booked 33 days out.) As well as whatever goes along with a promo their offering. 

I'm going on a cruise this month and plan to buy more Cruise Next so I can put a second one on my March cruise since they're running the two on any cabin promo again. 

On 8/6/2019 at 9:01 AM, stevendom57 said:

I apologize in advance for asking yet another CruiseNext question. I am sure this has been answered but I have been unable to find the proper post.

I am going on my first NCL cruise this coming September, to Alaska. I already have another NCL cruise booked, having paid only the deposit, for Sept 2020 in the Mediterranean. 

If I buy some CruiseNext certificates on my Alaska cruise, can they be used in any way to pay for my 2020 cruise?

TIA

Steven

Officially no. You can not use them on a cruise that is already booked and has a deposit made on it

What your T.A or CC do is another story But the Consultants onboard will tell you they are for Non existing New bookings only.

There are plenty of ways to work around that though.  you'll figure it out . 🙂

The old if you don't ask you don't get  comes to mind here.

Edited by waterbhoy

2 hours ago, waterbhoy said:

Officially no. You can not use them on a cruise that is already booked and has a deposit made on it

What your T.A or CC do is another story But the Consultants onboard will tell you they are for Non existing New bookings only.

There are plenty of ways to work around that though.  you'll figure it out . 🙂

The old if you don't ask you don't get  comes to mind here.

I was able to use a certificate online, on an already booked cruise, in MyNCL account. 

So their official policy isn’t “too official” when their website allows it to work. 

Edited by mnventure
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, waterbhoy said:

I've always booked with a credit card deposit (to avoid tying up a CruiseNext) then at final payment I apply online a CruiseNext (or two, during the recent promotion) and the remainder with a credit card.  The website is set up to expect multiple sources of final payment, including CruiseNext.

Same when I've booked through an online travel agent (for the TA's OBC offer), cash deposit. Then they apply a CruiseNext and take the remainder of the final payment on a card, at final payment date.

So yes, no problem with adding a CruiseNext to an existing booking that already has a deposit (but not after final payment of course, since there's nothing left to pay).