specialty dining

sassyw

We booked a 3 meal specialty dining package (Symphony of the Seas)  and we are with a bridge group who also is giving us another night in a specialty restaurant. We cannot book the restaurants until we are aboard. We want to eat late (8:00). Does anyone foresee any problems getting this time? (table for 2)

9 minutes ago, sassyw said:

We booked a 3 meal specialty dining package (Symphony of the Seas)  and we are with a bridge group who also is giving us another night in a specialty restaurant. We cannot book the restaurants until we are aboard. We want to eat late (8:00). Does anyone foresee any problems getting this time? (table for 2)

Visit any specialty restaurant as soon as you board for best selection of times.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, robandana said:

It has been our experience that the later you go the less of a problem it is. We usually eat at 8:30 and have never had an issue in any of the specialty's.

Was that with reservations or without? My wife and I got the UDP and we like being able to choose on a night by night basis where we go to eat if at all possible, and we do usually eat on the later side unless there is a show or event we want to partake. I understand it's first come, first served if you don't have a reservation but I just wanted to know how much of an issue it would be on Oasis if we were to forego reservations. If we would be standing around for awhile waiting for a table that might not be cool but we're not against getting a cocktail and hanging around either. If getting reservations anyway is highly recommended then we certainly will (and understand changes can be made by talking directly to the restaurants, etc.)

2 hours ago, Zephanor said:

Was that with reservations or without? My wife and I got the UDP and we like being able to choose on a night by night basis where we go to eat if at all possible, and we do usually eat on the later side unless there is a show or event we want to partake. I understand it's first come, first served if you don't have a reservation but I just wanted to know how much of an issue it would be on Oasis if we were to forego reservations. If we would be standing around for awhile waiting for a table that might not be cool but we're not against getting a cocktail and hanging around either. If getting reservations anyway is highly recommended then we certainly will (and understand changes can be made by talking directly to the restaurants, etc.)

We always eat late and have reservations. But I can tell you that most nights on Symphony there were always empty tables at 8:30 in every specialty restaurant we went to.  Most times we ask for and receive a booth table for 4  even though we are only two, hate being right next to someone else. We had 11 reservations on Symphony.  Last cruise was first time we ever ate outside at Chop's and it was very nice. 

9 hours ago, Zephanor said:

We would book all our specialty dining on the day of boarding, we would already know when formal nights were, shows etc. Then during the cruise if we had to make a change we would. It just seemed that because we ate late we always got what we were looking for. We would also be flexible, if Chops was full on a certain night we would see if Giovani's was available.