3 Rooms, each room needs 21 and over...but need to arrange

Mikiejag

The title says it all, basically.

We have 3 rooms, 9 people and need to basically re-distribute people.  I know about the rules for over 21, however one of the room is 18, 19, 18, & 18.

The only problem is the boarding cards.  How to associate payment with the correct card and room?

Is it possible to join a different credit card to a different room key after boarding? 

Or do they not really pay attention to who is in what room?

Thanks for any insight.

When you check-in for the cruise in the cruise terminal you can setup accounting individually. Putting the entire cabin on one credit card is an option, not a requirement. If you want say five people of the nine who are spread among all three cabins on your card you can do that. The other four will need to setup their accounts as they wish. 

I should add a few caveats.

The card holder must be present at the check-in of each person who's account he wishes to back. 

The cardholder will only see purchases made by cabin mates on the app or interactive tv.

Arrangements can be made or changed at guest services onboard if everyone can't be present at check-in.

When you check-in online you have an option to set up a different credit card for each person on the cruise. Or any combos of it, but if the people you want on one card aren't in the same room you'd have to enter the card in each cabin. 

If you're talking switching rooms around once you're on board, I believe the extra room key cards will be separate and only open doors. Everyone would need their original freestyle card to get on/off the ship and to make any purchases. 

22 hours ago, smplybcause said:

When you check-in online you have an option to set up a different credit card for each person on the cruise. Or any combos of it, but if the people you want on one card aren't in the same room you'd have to enter the card in each cabin. 

If you're talking switching rooms around once you're on board, I believe the extra room key cards will be separate and only open doors. Everyone would need their original freestyle card to get on/off the ship and to make any purchases. 

That's what I was thinking.  Everyone would have a separate card on their room keys, but I know the wife and myself will be in one room, and she was the over 21 for the other room.

The proper key/room/passenger is what needed to be swapped around. 

On 8/6/2019 at 3:17 PM, Mikiejag said:

The title says it all, basically.

We have 3 rooms, 9 people and need to basically re-distribute people.  I know about the rules for over 21, however one of the room is 18, 19, 18, & 18.

The only problem is the boarding cards.  How to associate payment with the correct card and room?

Is it possible to join a different credit card to a different room key after boarding? 

Or do they not really pay attention to who is in what room?

Thanks for any insight.

Ok 3 rooms are there 3 over 21's? cruising? if so then you book one into each room then shift about as needed remember to leave the ship at the same time and make sure your cards are in the right hands when leaving and entering the vessel. Are any of the rooms booked adjoining rooms? If so then you are fine and can have the 19 or 18 years olds in it.  As for room charges you can direct all charges to one card or 2 cards if needed and you can attach secondary rooms to charge to the one room

Edited by waterbhoy

10 hours ago, Mikiejag said:

That's what I was thinking.  Everyone would have a separate card on their room keys, but I know the wife and myself will be in one room, and she was the over 21 for the other room.

The proper key/room/passenger is what needed to be swapped around. 

Just assigned on over 21 in each cabin on line and then set up the CCs the way you want them for each person.  Then once on board go to guest services and get a cabin access only card for each person who was online assigned to the 'wrong" cabin.  Nothing to it at all.  Very easy to do.  NCL does not care who sleeps where.  We usually get everyone in our group an access only card to each of our cabins anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Just assigned on over 21 in each cabin on line and then set up the CCs the way you want them for each person.  Then once on board go to guest services and get a cabin access only card for each person who was online assigned to the 'wrong" cabin.  Nothing to it at all.  Very easy to do.  NCL does not care who sleeps where.  We usually get everyone in our group an access only card to each of our cabins anyway.

That's what I was hoping, but they are all over the must have a 21 or over in each room. 

They were very specific in this, which made me wonder.   If they will make extra cards no problem, that simplifies this entire thing.  🙂