CocoCay Kids Question

jujubird

My daughter is going to be almost 5 when we travel to CocoCay on our ship next April (2020). I haven't been there since it was little more than a beach with a snorkel activity. I'm trying to find out if there are any splash pad areas/kid type areas on CocoCay with the remodel.  Also, can umbrellas be rented on the islands?

Thanks in advance for any kid based tips or other things you've noticed in your recent trips to CocoCay.

19 hours ago, jujubird said:

My daughter is going to be almost 5 when we travel to CocoCay on our ship next April (2020). I haven't been there since it was little more than a beach with a snorkel activity. I'm trying to find out if there are any splash pad areas/kid type areas on CocoCay with the remodel.  Also, can umbrellas be rented on the islands?

Thanks in advance for any kid based tips or other things you've noticed in your recent trips to CocoCay.

Once you cross the bridge, the Pirate Ship is to your right. It has splash cannons etc. Your 5 year old will have a blast there! No pun intended. Ha!

Ps....Umbrellas are everywhere as a comp. Should have no problem getting one.

25E51767-9ED8-426A-8DBE-5147823B9A24.jpeg

293AF8A5-3DFA-47BB-8880-990CCD6EC483.jpeg

Edited by TYMAN

3 hours ago, TYMAN said:

Once you cross the bridge, the Pirate Ship is to your right. It has splash cannons etc. Your 5 year old will have a blast there! No pun intended. Ha!

Ps....Umbrellas are everywhere as a comp. Should have no problem getting one.

25E51767-9ED8-426A-8DBE-5147823B9A24.jpeg

293AF8A5-3DFA-47BB-8880-990CCD6EC483.jpeg

Wow, Cococay looks much more fun than when we were last there.  Is this Play Area open to all (i.e. no additional surcharge required to access)?

4 minutes ago, strobellayjam said:

Wow, Cococay looks much more fun than when we were last there.  Is this Play Area open to all (i.e. no additional surcharge required to access)?

The play area is before you get to the "cost" entrance. You can step off the sidewalk and get right in to the action. Now, I only saw the one side of the ship, where the cannons are, but I'm guessing the rest of the ship should be available too. I'll be there in two weeks, so if we don't get a better answer, I'll send more pics....

5 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

The play area is before you get to the "cost" entrance. You can step off the sidewalk and get right in to the action. Now, I only saw the one side of the ship, where the cannons are, but I'm guessing the rest of the ship should be available too. I'll be there in two weeks, so if we don't get a better answer, I'll send more pics....

Thanks so much!  Have a fabulous cruise!

On 8/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, jujubird said:

There is another kids area too with mini slides, a water playground (you do not need the water pass) and my 5 year old had a blast! That area is on the left when you are walking towards the pool! Sorry, I don't have a picture.

Edited by mlm05001
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, jujubird said:

Here are two pictures of the oasis lagoon pool which is free of charge to use. Water is very shallow and there were several families with small children enjoying this pool. Also lots of chairs available many of them with umbrellas.

DC2E8C16-EF00-474E-AC59-2FDA660C5E28.jpeg

593CAFE1-2E21-4395-883B-ED07DDB27CBA.jpeg

1 hour ago, jujubird said:

Thank you! This is wonderful

When you get off the ship there are trams to take you to the entrance and then at the entrance you get on a different tram that will take you right to the lagoon pool

• 4 weeks later...

So we have been to CoCo Kay in the past and have always enjoyed it as "beach day".  With the new "for charge" activities, is there still a free beach to just go to and relax?  We have plenty of waterparks here and have no desire to pay for the day, just looking for a relaxing beach experience.  Any advice?