Your opinion - best quick beach trip Cozumel post excursion

BandBWCsmom

I asked this on the Cozumel board but doesn't get as much action and I figure this group would have suggestions. We are doing the submarine excursion with our two boys when in Cozumel thru Carnival. It's from 10:30 to 12:30. We will have quite a bit of time after the excursion is over and before the ship leaves port (6 PM). I was considering Nachi Cocum but seems alot of money on an AI for a few hours versus the whole day. Also, I was reading that Carlos N Charlie's Beach Club might be a good option. Seems like if you eat lunch there, you can freely use the beach. 

Any thoughts/suggestions? 

TIA!

Paradise Beach could be a good option.  Also have to buy food or drink and a $3 pp admission.  Plus extra for use of water toys which may be of interest to your boys.

If they are fairly young, look into Playa Mia which has children pool and more younger children friendly activities but doesn't leave out Mom and Dad.

• Like 2

I haven't been to Carlos & Charlies, but the Money Bar might be another option. It's another free-to-use area so long as you buy drinks or food there. There's not much of a "beach" given the rocky coastline but stairs provide access to the water and there are lounge chairs on sand. They have pictures on their web site that will give you some idea of what to expect. Here's Trip Advisor's info on it.

• Like 1

I second Paradise Beach. It's $3 to get in, they just ask you to spend $10/pp on food/drink. I think it's an extra $18 for the wristband to use all the water toys. They have a great pool (I love a pool with loungers on a ledge!). Easy taxi ride from the port, and always taxis out front to take you back.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, beachbum6264 said:

I second Paradise Beach. It's $3 to get in, they just ask you to spend $10/pp on food/drink. I think it's an extra $18 for the wristband to use all the water toys. They have a great pool (I love a pool with loungers on a ledge!). Easy taxi ride from the port, and always taxis out front to take you back.

Thank you! I looked on their website and looks like only options to book ahead are all inclusive. As we'll just be visiting a few hours at the absolute most - just confirming you can just show up in a cab and get entrance when you pay? 

1 minute ago, BandBWCsmom said:

Thank you! I looked on their website and looks like only options to book ahead are all inclusive. As we'll just be visiting a few hours at the absolute most - just confirming you can just show up in a cab and get entrance when you pay? 

Yes, we've been several times and never booked ahead. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BandBWCsmom said:

You do not need to do the AI option at Paradise Beach. Just pay $3 each admission and spend about $10 each on food and drinks. Taxi for 4 passengers will run about $17 each way.

Taxi to Money Bar will be about $12 each way and there's no admission fee and good snorkeling from the shore.