What happens after someone gets left at a port?

On 8/8/2019 at 2:50 AM, Vacation Lover1 said:

Oh wow, it sure looked like a college kid to me! (In fact, I panicked for a minute that it was my son, LOL!) How do you know it was a crew member?

(I'm still curious what the procedure is if someone gets left at port though, if anyone knows details.)

It depends on what cabin those People were booked into. If it´s a good enough Suite you might see a Special Bingo offer for giving away a Suite for the rest of the cruise. 😜

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

They then told us it would be booked on our sea pass account and requested out cabin numbers and cards.... our travel agent...contacted Royal and they said the same xcursion was not ship sponsored. However my cc statement shows a billing for that exact amount.

The excursion amount on your card was charged by Royal? Very odd that it wasn't added to your Seapass account but rather, showed up as a separate item.  At the very least, it sounds like Royal may not officially be "sponsoring" the excursion but are cooperating with the tour vendor to let it be charged by Royal.  If that's the case, they are complicit in misleading passengers and that should be addressed.

33 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

The excursion amount on your card was charged by Royal? Very odd that it wasn't added to your Seapass account but rather, showed up as a separate item.  At the very least, it sounds like Royal may not officially be "sponsoring" the excursion but are cooperating with the tour vendor to let it be charged by Royal.  If that's the case, they are complicit in misleading passengers and that should be addressed.

Well that may be the case, I never even considered that. We were misled and it cost us dearly.i noticed that theNCL ship was moored right in the town under the elevator there. Our travel agent took all the details and was very concerned that we were misled this way. I really wan others to be informed about what occurred. The buses were parked right beside the ship on disembarkation. 

21 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

Well that may be the case, I never even considered that. We were misled and it cost us dearly.i noticed that theNCL ship was moored right in the town under the elevator there. Our travel agent took all the details and was very concerned that we were misled this way. I really wan others to be informed about what occurred. The buses were parked right beside the ship on disembarkation. 

Again though, just to clarify, when the charge appeared on your cc statement for the excursion, who did the statement show was paid?  The cruise line or a 3rd party vendor? 

It’s not about crying it’s about Royal taking our seapass cards, charging us for an excursion on a Med island, not getting us back to ship on time, not coming through with their policy and leaving us . Our seapass cards were both taken and we were told the excursion would be on our seapass account and that is what they did. How could they be beside the ship and crew in The port doing this if they were not okayed by RCCL?  It happened and hopefully it does not occur to anyone sailing with them again.  It’s about trust and giving a hoot about your pax . It’s about following up and making sure they are okay, it’s about taking the extra time after you have taken all their money to ensure that you provide what you state in your brochures. I  credit cards will not get you on a flight if there isn’t one or get you Prescribed meds in Europe. 

36 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

It was billed to Royal

What an awful experience for you.  Thanks for the heads up to other travelers.  From the circumstances you described, I, too, would have thought it was a ship excursion.

Have you or your TA had a response from Royal, after you showed them the credit card charge, and SeaPass line item ?  Good luck 

19 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

It was billed to Royal

Then I would absolutely escalate this.  Royal charged you so if they are saying it wasn't a Royal-sponsored excursion they are either lying and it IS a Royal sponsored excursion, or they are complicit in misleading you into believing it is since you were able to give only our Seappass, and not a credit card, to pay and it did indeed show up as a charge by Royal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Then I would absolutely escalate this.  Royal charged you so if they are saying it wasn't a Royal-sponsored excursion they are either lying and it IS a Royal sponsored excursion, or they are complicit in misleading you into believing it is since you were able to give only our Seappass, and not a credit card, to pay and it did indeed show up as a charge by Royal. 

Niagarawine - I agree with the above statement and encourage you AND your travel agent to contact Royal and reach supervisor after supervisor until this is resolved. Good luck to you!